Ref: CFS 1413
Information Requested: An ICBE member company would like some advice from other companies about their Recruitment & Selection Process
They currently use the following recruitment processes:
- Shortlisting CVs: All CVs are initially reviewed by HR, then appropriate ones are reviewed by Hiring Manager where a shortlist is then created. Telephone interviews are occasionally used for this.
- For Product Builders: a Dexterity Test and a short face to face interview.
- For professional level roles: face to face interviews x 2 with different panel members.
- For Management level roles: in addition to a face-to-face interview, the candidate does a presentation to an interview panel.
- Pre-employment medical is done for every successful candidate.
- Reference Checks x 2 (one from current employer and one from previous employer).
Objectives: The company would like to find out about:
- new ways to shortlist/ assess / interview candidates to thoroughly look at their suitability for roles
- introducing a practical element to the interviews – because they are in the manufacturing sector, most of the roles are hands on
- the use of online interviewing platforms
RESPONSES[s2If !is_user_logged_in()] You MUST be a registered ICBE member and logged in to view the Responses to this Call for Support. For more information about membership or to login please click here.[/s2If] [s2If is_user_logged_in()]
We had a similar Call For Support awhile back and I have contacted the people who responded at that time to see if they are happy to share information again.
Kathleen below is very knowledgable and happy to discuss their Recruitment and Selection Process with you – I will let you know when I receive other responses.
We’ve a very structured process here, happy to talk to whoever if they’d like to talk through it.
Bord na Mona
I have reviewed the request below and we have not been using anything wildly different from the company below. To be honest, I don’t think that they would learn too much from us on this one.
Lake Region Medical
Another option regarding the Recruitment & Selection Process CFS would be to speak to Pete Gritton (see his bio below). Let me know if you would like me to set up a call with Pete over the next week or two.
Pete Gritton, Adjunct Professor at the University of Kentucky Center for Lean. Pete is the former VP of Human Resources at Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing, North America. He was one of Toyota’s first North American hires. Pete retired in 2009 after twenty-two years of service. Since retirement, Pete has been partnering with global corporations and organizations on the People Side of Lean. He also coaches individual executives and works with executive teams on strategic planning – Hoshin Kanri. His work has included Union Pacific, Kerry Foods, Invest Northern Ireland and the Irish Center for Business Excellence.