Ref: CFS 1420
An ICBE member company would like to know if other member companies have used training providers in the area of:
- Critical Thinking
Objective: The main objective is to get recommendations and feedback from other member companies who have experience of training in this area.
RESPONSES[s2If !is_user_logged_in()] You MUST be a registered ICBE member and logged in to view the Responses to this Call for Support. For more information about membership or to login please click here.[/s2If] [s2If is_user_logged_in()]
From: Andrew Killeen [mailto:Andrew_Killeen@cle.creative.com] Subject: Re: ICBE Call For Support – Training in Critical Thinking
Hi Grainne, this course may be of interest:
Precision Questions & Answers
Aim and Approach
This is a highly structured one day workshop that uses an analytical platform to develop key interpersonal skills.
It is mostly preparation and practice in content.
On completion of this programme Participants will be able to
• Demonstrate the ability to: Ask a large number of precise analytical questions
• Give answers that are clear, crisp and concise
• Apply PQ and PA to a wide variety of work situations
• Continue building skill at PQ and PA on their own
All Participants are required to identify opportunities to deploy Critical Thinking by using 4 Box Technique and bring a project for use on the programme.
• Introductions, objectives and agenda
• Precision Q & A introduction
• Two ways to improve a business discussion: :
I) by asking for exactly what we need Precision Questioning, PQ
ii) by conveying only the essential information in a way that is clear, crisp, and concise Precision Answering, PA
• The PQ&A toolkit: Seven categories of analytical questions
• Participants learn the seven categories of analytical questions. They drill to expand their questioning vocabulary.
• Using PQ to test your thinking:
• Participants learn the three rules of Precision Answering and practice applying them.
• Participants use their expanded questioning vocabulary to think critically about
• a recommendation that solves a real world problem. The recommendation has
• been prepared in the pre-work.
• Doing Precision Q & A with a partner: Participants pair up. Using their PQ & PA skills, students analyse each other’s recommendation.
• Using PQ & A intelligently: – This section shows how using PQ&A effectively
requires both analytical and social intelligence, and provides some techniques
for achieving this balance.
• Participants also complete an inventory of their tendencies as questioners and
• Participants learn key points about how to apply PQ and PA skills, post-workshop
• Building Skill after the workshop:
• Participants review main lessons learned.
• Workshop evaluation and feedback.
After this workshop
Identify opportunities to deploy Critical Thinking using 4 Box Technique and practice and utilise skill on a regular basis
From: Sinead Kelliher [mailto:Sinead.Kelliher@Alkermes.com] Subject: RE: ICBE Call For Support – Training in Critical Thinking
We have used Valerie Pierce who is excellent.
If the company wants to talk to me further please forward my details