Glenn Uminger joined Toyota in 1987 as a leader on the startup team of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK) and continuously learned and applied the Toyota Way through Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Administration. Glenn retired from Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America (TEMA) in 2014 after 27 years serving as an executive during Toyota’s rapid North American development.
- Serving as a leader on the startup team at TMMK. Led the development of Management Accounting, The Toyota Production System Office, and JIT Logistics
- Head of Production Control and Logistics Divisions at Toyota’s North American Headquarters (TEMA), led development of the organizations from start up
- Led development of the North American Integrated Logistics Network
- Key member of Site Selection and Development team for all new Toyota Operations in North America
- Overall Leader to establish Toyota’s new vehicle plant in Mississippi
- Led the strengthening of the TPS practice at Toyota Motor Sales (TMS) achieving TPS application success in a non-manufacturing environment.
- Improving the effectiveness between Sales and Manufacturing organizations.
Prior to joining Toyota, Glenn held management positions with FMC Corporation for 10 years, working with Manufacturing, Design Engineering and Sales/Service.
He served as the Toyota Executive in Residence and Director for the Lean Systems Program in the College of Engineering at the University of Kentucky from 2012 to 2014. The Lean System Program supports companies working to improve their understanding and application of Lean and he continues to serve as a key advisor to the program.
Glenn is now Principal, Uminger & Associates, which he was driven to found in order to apply his deep experiences in Leadership and The Toyota Way to support the leadership of companies motivated to achieve sustainable enterprise performance improvement.
Mr. Uminger holds a B.S in Accounting from the University of Kentucky and an MBA from Xavier University in Cincinnati.