Ref: CFS 1413
Information Requested: An ICBE member company would like some advice from other companies about their Recruitment & Selection Process
They currently use the following recruitment processes:
- Shortlisting CVs: All CVs are initially reviewed by HR, then appropriate ones are reviewed by Hiring Manager where a shortlist is then created. Telephone interviews are occasionally used for this.
- For Product Builders: a Dexterity Test and a short face to face interview.
- For professional level roles: face to face interviews x 2 with different panel members.
- For Management level roles: in addition to a face-to-face interview, the candidate does a presentation to an interview panel.
- Pre-employment medical is done for every successful candidate.
- Reference Checks x 2 (one from current employer and one from previous employer).
Objectives: The company would like to find out about:
- new ways to shortlist/ assess / interview candidates to thoroughly look at their suitability for roles
- introducing a practical element to the interviews - because they are in the manufacturing sector, most of the roles are hands on
- the use of online interviewing platforms
RESPONSESYou MUST be a registered ICBE member and logged in to view the Responses to this Call for Support. For more information about membership or to login please click here.