Ref: CFS 1435
Information Requested: An ICBE member company would like to know how other companies evaluate external training or events that employees attend. Do they have a template that attendees have to complete when they return to work? Or do they have other methods of evaluation such as, for example, asking the attendee to give a short presentation to other team members summarising the training/information learned from the event?
Objective: To find out ways that other companies evaluate and find out the value of people attending external events including training, conferences, forums…
RESPONSES[s2If !is_user_logged_in()] You MUST be a registered ICBE member and logged in to view the Responses to this Call for Support. For more information about membership or to login please click here.[/s2If] [s2If is_user_logged_in()]
From: Murphy, Anne [mailto:A.MURPHY@kostal.com] Subject: RE: Call For Support – Evaluation of External Training and Events
In Kostal Ireland GmbH we use a combination of a number of evaluation techniques
- We have an assessment form which is completed after all training events, similar to a “happy sheet” with the addition of 1. what learning took place and 2. how can this knowledge be transferred back to the workplace.
- We do Pre and Post Assessments occasionally for some trainings.
- We do a presentation to other members of the department upon completion of a training event.
- Sometimes the trainee has to complete an exam / project completion / practical assessment etc as part of the training event.
- The effectiveness of Training is also measured as part of the Annual Performance Appraisals.
Hope this helps give me a call if they want more information on any of the above.
From: Gartlan, Andrew T [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
To: Asple, Kathleen M
Subject: RE: Call For Support – Evaluation of External Training and Events
Can you please share with Grainne the L&D template we ask employees to populate once training is completed, as my understanding is that we have a follow up session to see if employees have accomplished what they have set out to do based on the learning experience – post follow up on training effectiveness.
From: Aisling Davies [mailto:email@example.com] Subject: FW: Call For Support – Evaluation of External Training and Events
Hi Grainne, We ask participants to fill out a level 1 training evaluation form after the course.
If the company wish for a copy we can send it on.
Rgds, Aisling See attached
From: John White [mailto:John.White@srtechnics.com] Subject: RE: Call For Support – Evaluation of External Training and Events
We have both.
- A form for course evaluation feedback and at times presentation to management/ team members on training received.
- Also we use the external ICBE course evaluation forms if training is subsidised by ICBE/Skillsnet.