Ref: CFS 1463
Information Requested: An ICBE member company is interested in reviewing and speaking to organisations who have a job grading/evaluation system for hourly paid employees in a manufacturing environment (not performance management/appraisal).
Objective: To benchmark and evaluate current Job Grading/Job Evaluation System
RESPONSES[s2If !is_user_logged_in()] You MUST be a registered ICBE member and logged in to view the Responses to this Call for Support. For more information about membership or to login please click here.[/s2If] [s2If is_user_logged_in()]
From: Murphy, Anne [mailto:A.MURPHY@kostal.com]
To: Grainne Walsh
Subject: RE: ICBE Call For Support – Job Grading/Job Evaluation System
Hello Grainne, I’m not sure exactly what your after here but we grade / evaluate our production operatives on a continuous basis through:-
- Quality of their work – number of discrepancies, adherence to job methods etc.
- Output – adherence to targets, monitoring of machine downtime etc
- Safety – adherence to safe work practices, rules and regulations etc.
- Number of skills attained – how many jobs have they been trained on, flexibility etc
- Documentation – accurate completion and control
- Communication meetings input
- Suggestions made and so on.
Based on the above our operatives have the possibility to progress to a higher grade operator which involves more pay.
I would be very interested in the results of this Call of Support also if this is possible.
Anne Murphy Kostal Ireland GmbH Phone: +353 68 51323
From: O’keeffe, Elizabeth [mailto:email@example.com] Subject: RE: ICBE Call For Support – Job Grading/Job Evaluation System
Hi – Currently BSC Cork does not have job grading or evaluation for direct labour employees.
They are on a rates system i.e. hourly rate goes up based on years service.