DATES: 17th & 18th November 2014.
TIME: 8.30am - 5.00pm (Day 1 will be a later finish at 6.00pm approx).
COST: €450 Members/€650 Non Members
TRAINER: Accelerated Improvement
- Developing Participation
- Developing Interest
- Handling Over Participation
- Giving Clear Instructions
- time Management
- Transferring to the Job
- Managing Visibility
- Flipchart Tips
- Managing Nerves
Facilitator - the Person learning the facilitation skills he/he is facilitating the group's learning
Participant - the rest of the group
Trainer - the person delivering the facilitation workshop
- Introductions, flow and timescales for the 2 days
- Demonstration of the course elements listed above
- Participants deliver a 10 minute facilitated session on their chosen topic/workshop item (to be selected in advance) incorporating the facilitation techniques outlined earlier.
- After each 10 minute delivery, each facilitator will give him/herself feedback followed by each participant providing feedback using the facilitation techniques as a standard
- This will be followed immediately by private and more detailed feedback from the trainer including key targets and elements to be developed for the 2nd and longer delivery session.
- Short demonstration of how to set up and deliver a Facilitated Quiz to consolidate and deepen subject matter mastery in a fun way
- Participants will be given homework involving preparation for delivery of a 20 minute facilitated session for delivery on Day 2 incorporating the feedback from day 1.
- Quick review and temperature check
- Participants deliver a 20 minute facilitated session incorporating the feedback from Day 1
- After each 20 minute delivery, each facilitator will give him/herself feedback followed by each participant providing feedback using the facilitation techniques as a standard
- This will be followed immediately by private feedback from the trainer (as on Day 1)
- Implementation planning or "What next?"!
Preparation and Prework
- Participants should allow for Day 1 to finish at approximately 6-7pm, and allow 2-3 hours in the evening for the homework, with Day 2 finishing at between 5 and 6pm. The implication is that the evening of Day 1 will be a working evening!
- Please do not hesitate to ring to discuss which topic to select, or any other issue, prior to the programme.
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria
ILSS is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets, please visit www.skillnets.ie