Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes
DATES: 12th November 2013
TIME: 9. 00 am 4pm
COST: 195 per member / 260 non member
This one day Becoming an Effective Trainer workshop is targeted at people who are expected to deliver training as part of their job but may not necessarily be responsible for training design. Basic design concepts are covered however the content concentrates primarily on adult learning styles and training delivery techniques.
- Examine perception
- Reflect on past experience
- Discuss adult learning
- Differentiate adult learning styles and preference
- Develop an understanding of The Training Cycle
- Explore training design and Kolbs Experiential Learning Cycle
- Analyse body language, nervousness, humour, questions and participation
- Review retention of learning
- Explore the use of activities
- Discuss training evaluation
- Acquire practical training and facilitation skills
Apply newly learned techniques
During this Becoming an Effective Trainer workshop, participants will cover :
- Gap Analysis
- Course design considerations and The Training Cycle
- Adult learner expectations and learning styles (Honey & Mumford)
- Experiential Learning Cycle
- Delivery Body language, Eye contact, Voice, Tone, Movement
- Combatting nervousness
- Audience non participation
- Dealing with questions
- Using activities
- Evaluations & knowledge checks
- Flips, Flops, Fidgets and Props
- Practical delivery exercise
- Assessment & feedback
- Knowledge review
Trainer Profile Qualification & Relevant Experience
Michelle holds a Masters in Human Resource Leadership, is a Master Trainer and has over 15 years experience in Operations and HR training in a multinational environment.
Michelle specialises in creative and innovative programme design, customisation and delivery. Michelles energy, enthusiasm and rapport building training style combined with interactive participant activities ensure an educational and an enjoyable learning experience for all.
This programme is suitable for anyone interested in improving their approach to training delivery and their understanding of adult learning.
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria