Date: December 15th
Cost: Member €150; Non Member €250 per person
Impactful Communication: Building Confidence in your Message
Persuasiveness is an essential skill that the modern professional can ill-afford to do without. Whether it is negotiating with a customer or a colleague communicating with influence is instrumental in realising one’s goals and ambitions. As organisations strive to become less hierarchical, influence has become the defining characteristic of true business leaders.
This course will demonstrate powerful techniques to enhance your sphere of influence by communicating a logical and credible message, reinforced by your words and body language.
Who is this course for?
- Those wishing to project a positive image at work
- Change Agents
- People who value communication as a modern management tool
You will learn about:
- Building rapport with your audience, building confidence and self-esteem
- Employing the best methods for individual situations
- How to get and maintain attention at meetings and influence others
- Persuasion through persistence
- Compromise and commitments
- How to deal with people in challenging situations
- One way and two way communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- The importance of active listening
- Giving and receiving honest feedback in a constructive manner
- Becoming an effective persuader and not giving up
- Dealing confidently with objections
- Understanding and appreciating different personality types
- Planning meetings both formal and informal
- Multi-tasking, cross functional approach and thinking ‘outside the box’
- Encouraging and embracing open discussion and contributions at meetings
- Being focused and open to consultations
- Honing your facilitation skill and style
- Practical skills to becoming a confident, clear communicator and influencer
How will you learn?
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and Individual learning activities
- Group discussion
- Discussion of real-life work scenarios
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets, please visit www.skillnets.ie