Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes
DATES: 14th November 2012
TIME: 9am 5pm
LOCATION: Limerick The Strand Hotel
COST: 220.00 per member/ 260.00 per non member
Conflict is a normal part of the human experience. The possibility of conflict arising is present in every situation where people interact. Each of us responds in a unique way to conflict. Some of us respond in an aggressive way which can often result in the conflict escalating others respond in a passive way in an attempt to avoid the conflict.
Program Aims and Objectives
- Transform conflict from a potentially destructive force in personal and professional relationships into opportunities for collaboration and the deepening of relationships.
- Build the skills of mature dialogue and debate
- Improve the timeliness of decision making through conflict resolution
- Reach better solutions through collaboration and idea exchange
- Equip participants with the skills and techniques that are essential for success in the interdependent organizations we live in today
1) By using the internationally recognized Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode psychometric instrument, participants in this workshop will become aware of their own default conflict response.
2) Participants will become aware of four alternative personal responses to conflict. With such awareness comes greater opportunity to create a more positive and productive resolution to the conflict.
3) Participants will be given a process that they can use in their next encounter with conflict to maximize the likelihood of the conflict resulting in a positive collaborative solution rather that a negative destructive one.
About the Program Facilitator
JJ O Riordan is an experienced Program Facilitator, Executive Coach and Mentor with over twenty years of management and leadership experience in Analog Devices. He left the corporate world in December 2008 to establish his Leadership Development and Executive Coaching business.
As a program facilitator, JJ has delivered organizational development programs many times in Europe, the US and in Asia and he is the recipient of multiple Best Presenter awards. Along with being the exclusive provider of Leadership development programs to his former employer, Analog Devices, he offers the following programs to all of his client organizations:
- Inspirational Leadership Program
- Moving from Conflict Situations to Collaborative Solutions
- Communicating to Influence Program
- Coaching Skills for Managers and Leaders.
- Advanced Presentation Skills for Senior Managers and Leaders
- Corporate Graduate Professional Development Program
In his Executive Coaching practice, JJ focuses exclusively on working with Senior Leaders, Managers and High Potential Employees within organizations. He brings a unique coaching presence to his organizational clients which can be largely attributed to his own unique career path. He has a first class honours degree in engineering from the University of Limerick, a Masters in Computer Systems, a B.SC. Degree in Psychotherapy from Middlesex University and an ICF accredited Diploma in Executive Coaching. His clients report that JJs engineering background is very useful in framing the challenges that they are currently experiencing and his competence in Psychotherapy and Coaching helps to create the safe, non judgemental environment which support them to grow and develop through their current challenges. In such a coaching environment, his clients experience significant progress towards their coaching objectives.
Name: JJ O Riordan
The ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria