Date: 12th Thursday November 2015
Time: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
Location: Sandymount Hotel Dublin
Trainer: Clear Thinking In Action
Cost: €195.00 funding applied
This 1/2 Day Programme will help you to tap into critical and creative problem solving techniques and abilities in order enhance successful performance in project management – igniting ideas in action. The programme concentrates on building on the three aspects of success:
Passion Productivity Perseverance
The programme will cover:
- Understanding Problem Solving, Creativity and the Drive to Action
- Analysing Problems
- Generating Alternative actions
- Removing Obstacles & Blockages
- Leading others to action
Valerie Pierce, MA (Phil), MSc (Executive Coaching) is Creator of the training concept ‘Clear & Critical Thinking’ and author of the books ‘Quick Thinking on Your Feet.’ (Published in Ireland 2003: Japan 2004: USA 2005: China 2005) and Focus: The Art of Clear Thinking (May 2014)
Her international client list includes public and private sector clients in Ireland, UK and US over a 20 year period.
Valerie also lectures on MBA programmes at Ashridge Business School, Brooks University Oxford, the Smurfit School of Business and Trinity College Dublin.
She is a Tutor on the worldwide Ashridge Leadership Programme and is the author of the ‘Creative Problem Solving’ Learning Guide (2011) for the Ashridge Business School online learning portal (No. 1 for Exectuve Education in UK – Financial Times).
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING: Details of the Day
Part 1 – Creative Problem Solving (Passion)
- Obtain Clear Focus: separating ‘Passion’ from ‘Emotion’
- Think ‘outside the box’: Using Open Questions to Open the Mind.
- Introduction to the IDEAL™ model for successful Problem solving
- I: Identify the Problem
- D: Define your Objective
- E: Explore Options
- A: Anticipate Obstacles
- L: Lead others to Action
Part 2 – Exploring Creativity as a tool for successful Problem Solving
- Participants are introduced to ideas on gaining successful Creativity in Organisations (through the work of T. Amabile – Harvard School of Business)
- The session continues with techniques in developing ability to make use of a variety of perspectives to stimulate new ideas in problem solving and decision making.
- These Ideas are captured and a mind-map is drawn to show the relevance of these ideas to the issues at hand
Part 3 – Overcoming Negative Thinking – Developing ideas for action (Productivity)
- This session focuses on removing obstacles and blockages to achieving effective problem solving
- Participants learn to use the D.N.A. print to change negative thinking into positive action.
Part 4 – Being Creative in Leading Others to Action (Perseverance)
- Great skills and ideas can often be lost in Translation
- Participants learn to transfer their thoughts in a way that makes sense to others
- ‘Getting others to want to do what you want them to do’.
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria
The Aviation & Aerospace Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets, please visit www.skillnets.ie