Date: September 29th; October 13th & 27th; November 17th; December 8th 2016
January 19th; February 2nd & 16th ; March 2nd & 23rd; April 13th & May 4th 2017 -- 12 days
Times: 9.30am – 5pm
Location: Ibec, Gardner House Bank Place, Charlotte Quay, Limerick
Cost: €2240 Member; €2500 Non Members (per person) – with Skillnets funding applied (Regular cost €2800/3200)
DIT Diploma in Employment Law (Level 6, Special Purpose Award, 20 ECTS)
The primary objective of the Diploma in Employment Law (12 day) programme is to deliver an in-depth knowledge of key employment legislation as well as a comprehensive understanding of case law and its application.
On completion of the programme, participants will:
- Acquire the ability to look at all situations with a critical eye to ensure that they can deal with a range of employment law issues that arise in their organisations
- Understand the pitfalls of not complying with the legislation
- Have the ability to ensure that all policies and procedures that they have in place comply with employment law
- Have an indepth knowledge of key areas of employment legislation
- Be in a position to answer any queries regarding employment law that are to arise in the organisation
- Prepare a case including a written submission to a third party
- Be more confident in handling queries from staff in the area of employment law
There are a number of activities and case studies used throughout the programme which ensures that all of the learning is applied in a real way. The programme is delivered by experienced Ibec executives who provide members with advice, consultancy and training on a daily basis. The programme leader encourages group discussion and involvement throughout each session, ensuring opportunities for questions and real issues are discussed at all times. Best practice examples in all areas of Employment Law will be highlighted and discussed throughout the programme, giving participants plenty of opportunities to build on the elements of these that could be applied in their own organisations.
Who should Attend?
This diploma is for participants who are looking for a comprehensive knowledge and practical understanding of the whole area of employment law. This programme is also designed to meet the needs of those contemplating a career in people management, human resource management and related areas by focusing on the need for compliance with employment law from the recruitment stage right through to the termination of employment.
What you said:
"Claire Jones was an excellent tutor, very articulate and good at getting information across. The course was extremely beneficial and relevant to me in my role. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Invaluable." Monica Chawke, HR Manager, The Mespil Hotel