Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available
DATES : NEW DATE: Wednesday, November 19th 2014
TIME: 9am - 5pm
COST: € 150 per member /€225.00 non member
LOCATION: Radisson Blu Hotel, Ennis Road, Limerick
- Develop the various Emotional Intelligence competencies
- Regulate your emotions
- Understand and deal with the emotions of others
- Influence, negotiate and manage conflict at work
- Recognise and respond to differing group dynamics
- Anticipate and meet both clients’ and colleagues’ needs
IQ (Intelligence Quotient) is a measure of an individual’s intellectual, analytical, logical and rational abilities, it’s concerned with verbal, spatial, visual and mathematical skills. If you have a high IQ, you’ll do well in all sorts of tests.
However, Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EQ) is what gives people the edge, it’s your ability to interact and get along with others; the ability to clearly express your thoughts and feelings, stand your ground and defend a position; the ability to adjust your feelings, thoughts and actions to changing conditions; the ability to define problems, then move to generate and implement effective, appropriate solutions while bringing people with you. Emotional Intelligence is made up of short-term, tactical, dynamic skills that can be brought into play as the situation warrants.
With ever increasing competition in the business community and increased pressure to stand out from the crowd, it is now firmly accepted that it is important for individuals, managers and leaders to build and develop their emotional intelligence capabilities.
We all have different personalities, different wants and needs, and naturally different ways of showing emotions. Navigating through all this takes tact and cleverness - especially if one hopes to succeed in life and in business. This is where emotional intelligence becomes really important.
According to Daniel Goleman, author of the most influential books on Emotional Intelligence, emotional intelligence becomes more and more important as people progress up the career ladder in their organisations. He estimates that in jobs in general EQ is twice as important for outstanding ability as technical skill and cognitive ability combined, but in leadership jobs four times as important.
IQ + EQ = Success
- The ability to apply emotional intelligence is now recognised as an essential part of achieving success at work. Emotional Intelligence involves the ability to handle personal emotions as well as lead, influence, persuade, negotiate and motivate others.
- This innovative course emphasises the importance of proactive people skills in the workplace.
This Emotional Intelligence training course is aimed at individuals who wish to:
- Develop emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Gain an awareness of personal levels of emotional intelligence
- Understand the impact of emotions on behaviour
- Learn how to control emotions
- Build strong working relationships
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and individual learning activities
- Group discussion
- Self assessments to identify personal strengths and areas for improvement.
- Role plays of real-life work scenarios requiring emotional intelligence
Training Company Name and Website
Donal Fitzgibbon (BA Training & Education); (B.Agr.Sc); (Dip Accounting & Finance)
On qualifying from UCD, Donal worked in the area of Teaching/Leadership and in Adult Education. He subsequently acted as Area Manager with an established bank for over 20 years.
Feedback from previous EQ Workshops:
- I thoroughly enjoyed the course - the style, knowledge and experience of Donal was so refreshing
- One of the best programmes I ever attended - it was excellent. It held my attention all day and I would like to come back for another session tomorrow
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria