9.30am – 5pm Thursday, December 1st (new date)
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, Naas Road, Dublin
€225 member; €325 Non Member (regular cost €375/€425)
To book your place, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 061-423622
This training will be delivered by Ibec
This event is for HR professionals and /or Managers that already have a good understanding of Employment Law
Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997
- Amendment to Annual Leave - Certified Sick Leave and Annual Leave
- Definition of Working Time - Tyco Ruling
Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015
- Important case law – reasonable accommodation, use of medical reports
- Equality (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2015 - retirement age
- Paternity Leave – September 2016
- Family Leave Bill
- Increased minimum wage
- National Minimum Wage (Low Commission) Act 2015
Discipline/dismissal – significant case law concerning suspension, investigations v hearings
Continued impact of social media in the workplace – recent EU case
- New Data Protection Regulations
- New guidelines from Commissioner re CCTV use
- Other - enforced requests, use of private investigators etc.
Bullying - over-turning of the Ruffley decision
First case under Protected Disclosures Act 2014
Agency workers – Mulholland & other cases
Work Permit changes
Workplace Relations Act 2015
Industrial Relations (Amendment) Act 2015
We welcome suggestions for any additional information/topics you may require - This can be incorporated into the Q&A session
Patricia Sugrue - Patricia graduated from the University of Limerick with a Business Degree (1988) and obtained an MA SHRM from the National College of Ireland in 2004.
She joined Ibec in 1990, having worked as a HR Executive in Gateaux ltd and worked in the Employee Relations Information Unit. She joined Irish Biscuits Ltd in 1996 as HR Manager and returned to Ibec in 1999 where she now works as a Management Training/HR Consultant.
She has been actively involved in training managers in Managing People skills throughout her career. She currently runs a number of specialised Ibec Public Programmes including: Certificate Programme in Employment Law; Industrial Relations Skills Development Programme; Discipline and Dismissals; and Negotiations Workshops. She is also actively involved in ‘In-company’ training programmes.