START DATE: Monday, December 17th
TIME: 9.30am - 1pm
COST: No Charge for Jobseekers
LOCATION: Strand Hotel, Limerick City www.strandhotellimerick.ie
Please join us and Raymond McEvoy, Director, Manufacturing Excellence as he walks attendees through what to expect in the 7-day Lean Manufacturing Tools Programme. This is your chance to ask Questions, get Answers & find out if this programme is for you!
- Classroom Day 1 - January 9th
- Classroom Day 2 - January 10th
- Classroom Day 3 - January 11th
- Classroom Day 4 - January 18
- Classroom Day 5 - January 24
- Follow Up Day 1 - January 25
- Follow Up Day 2 - February 1
Lean Manufacturing Tools Program
Optional FETAC Level 5 certification)
Purpose of Course: The purpose of the program is to give participants the skills to implement some of the most widely applicable Lean Manufacturing Tools, such as Set-Up Reduction, Line Balancing, Standard Work, TPM, Kanban Systems & Value Stream Mapping. They will receive some hands-on practice in using these tools in classroom simulations.
This will allow them to contribute more quickly when joining an organisation that already uses Lean tools and may allow them to bring some new tools to smaller organisations that have not yet adopted Lean.
Optional Certification: The certification option, if pursued, requires candidates to submit 3 assignments:
1. Lean essay on the extent of implementation, and/or potential for implementation, of Lean in a previous employment to be submitted by Classroom day 4 (requires max 1 day non-contact time)
2. Value Stream Map, current & proposed Future State, based on either a recent employment or on a Case Study issued by the trainer, to be submitted on 1st Follow-Up day (max 1 day non-contact time)
3. Project, either based on what they WOULD have done in a previous employment, or based on a Case Study issued by the trainer, to be submitted on 2nd Follow-Up day (requires 3-days non-contact time).
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria
ILSS is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets, please visit www.skillnets.ie