Course Duration: 2 Days
Dates: 13th and 14th of October 2016
Venue: Mespil Hotel, Mespil Road, Ballsbridge
Course Cost: Full cost = €600 Funding applied = €480
This course introduces attendees to the growth and usage of composites materials in the aerospace industry, including reinforcements, resins, core structures and ancillary materials. These are looked at in the context of their typical applications and both the manufacturing and repair processes utilised and where the future lies for these materials in the aviation industry.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at technical staff and management within the aviation industry, as well as personnel who are looking for a broader composites understanding.
Attendees gain an understanding of the basic properties of composite material components and the usage of these materials in the Aerospace industry.
- Introduction to Composite Concepts and their History.
- Evolution of applications for composites materials in the aerospace industry.
- Inspection techniques for the identification of damage and contamination.
- Terminology used in the composites Industry.
- Identification of the range of composites materials in use in the industry.
- Future advances being made on newer material types.
- Discuss of the various manufacturing process in use today.
- Identification of the various steps of a typical composite repair.
- Discussion on the various challenges in completing composite repairs in the Aerospace Industry.
- Review of case study to focus on examples or repair issues and how these were overcome.