START DATE: Thursday, January 10th, 2013
DATES: January - February 1 ( 7 days total) See dates below
TIME: 9.30am - 5pm
COST: No Charge for Jobseekers
LOCATION: Limerick City (venue to be confirmed_
- Classroom Day 1 - Thursday, January 10th
- Classroom Day 2 - Friday, January 11th
- Classroom Day 3 - Friday, January 18th
- Classroom Day 4 - Thursday, January 24th
- Classroom Day 5 - Friday, January 25th
- Follow Up Day 1 - Friday, February 1st (to be confirmed on January 24th) -- Final presentation of Value Stream Maps & progress review of Project
- Follow Up Day 2 - Friday, February 15th (to be confirmed on January 24th) -- Final presentation of Project
Lean Manufacturing Tools Program
Optional FETAC Level 5 certification)
Purpose of Course: The purpose of the program is to give participants the skills to implement some of the most widely applicable Lean Manufacturing Tools, such as Set-Up Reduction, Line Balancing, Standard Work, TPM, Kanban Systems & Value Stream Mapping. They will receive some hands-on practice in using these tools in classroom simulations.
This will allow them to contribute more quickly when joining an organisation that already uses Lean tools and may allow them to bring some new tools to smaller organisations that have not yet adopted Lean.
Optional Certification: The certification option, if pursued, requires candidates to submit 3 assignments:
1. Lean essay on the extent of implementation, and/or potential for implementation, of Lean in a previous employment to be submitted by Classroom day 4 (requires max 1 day non-contact time)
2. Value Stream Map, current & proposed Future State, based on either a recent employment or on a Case Study issued by the trainer, to be submitted on 1st Follow-Up day (max 1 day non-contact time)
3. Project, either based on what they WOULD have done in a previous employment, or based on a Case Study issued by the trainer, to be submitted on 2nd Follow-Up day (requires 3-days non-contact time).
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria
ILSS is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets, please visit www.skillnets.ie