Aviation Finance Finuas Network
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available
DATE: 23rd & 24th June 2015
COST: €400 per participant Funding Applied
TRAINER: JJ O Riordan is the Trainer
A bespoke Management Development Program to support Managers to Create Environments where every Team Member Collaborates and Volunteers their Best Contribution in the Achievement of all Critical Business Objectives.
The underlying principle of this Management Excellence Program is that High Performance Managers create High Performance Teams and the aim of this program is to offer participants all the latest thinking and techniques to become even more effective Managers. This is a proven program that has been delivered many times to managers in Europe, the US and in Asia. Quoting feedback from one past participant… “This has been the most enjoyable, most practical and most impactful Management skills development program that I have completed todate. This program is a perfect balanced of the latest Management Theory and skills development through practice”
This Management Excellence Program will provide the following quantifiable business benefits:
- A measurable improvement in the competencies of the program participants
- Greater application of Coaching Skills by the Managers to empower their team members to even higher levels of engagement and personal empowerment
- Participants will be provided with the latest theory and skills of having Courageous Conversations so that any sub-standard performance at their team member level can be addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- The participants of this Management Excellence Program will be provided with the theory and opportunity to develop advanced conflict resolution skills to empower them to quickly and effectively address individual and / or group conflict
- The skill of staying focused on the critical business variables to enable the delivery of the Business Priorities on time and in full will also be explored as part of this program.
Program Return on Investment Measurement
A participant survey will be conducted at the beginning of this two day program and will be re-run at the end of this program to quantify the participant learning that has taken place during this program. Optionally, the survey can be rerun approximately three months later to determine the longer term impact of this Management Excellence Program.
Management Excellence Workshop – Day 1
|Module 1||The Characteristics of High Performance Teams. The Characteristics of High Performance Teams will be explored in this session and the participants will also be provided with the opportunity to complete an assessment to determine the current level of performance of their own team. The impact of the Manager’s personal leadership style on the level of performance of their team will also be discussed in this first module.|
|Module 2||Time Management is not the Issue …. It’s Lack of Focus on Priorities! This module addresses the critical need for managers to stay focused on the important critical few priorities and not get derailed by the constant demands of the urgent day-to-day tasks. Research has shown that organizational issues that typically get categorized as ‘Time Management’ issues can be more accurately categorized as lack of focus on the critical few key priorities. This module will show how identifying and staying focus on the critical few important business priorities resolves the vast majority of traditional time management issues.|
|Module 3||Managing Performance through the Power of Courageous Conversations. A manager’s ability to manage poor performance is critical because if left unaddressed, the poor performance is perceived to be the acceptable level of performance. The ability to hold difficult conversations is critical to effective supervision and in this module, the participants will be provided with the latest leadership material on how to navigate their way through difficult conversations so that they achieve their desired outcome. The facilitator will demonstrate how to have a courageous conversation and will then provide each participant with the opportunity to practice having a real and challenging conversation.|
Management Excellence Workshop – Day 2
|Module 4||Professional Coaching Skills for Managers. In this opening session of the second Professional Development Workshop, the participants will be offered a practical framework for effective coaching in the workplace. The advantages of taking a coaching approach to team member development and team member empowerment will also be explored. The key skill of Active Listening will also be development as part of this Coaching session. The facilitator will give a demonstration of effective coaching in the workplace and each participant will be provided with the opportunity to practice having a coaching conversation.|
|Module 5:||Transforming Team Conflict into Team Collaboration. Highly effective managers have the ability to transform conflict into sources of innovation and creativity. In this final session of this workshop, participants will be invited to complete an internationally accredited Conflict Styles questionnaire so that they can increase their own awareness of how they can manage and deal with conflict situations in a more effective manner.|
Facilitated by JJ O Riordan (email: email@example.com)
Name: JJ O Riordan
Address: The Commons, Ballingarry, Co Limerick
Mobile: +353 86 8354149
“As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who
empower others”. —Bill Gates
Why Choose JJ O Riordan for this Management Excellence Program?
- This Management Development Program has been refined over many years within Analog Devices and JJ is the exclusive provider of this program within Analog Devices in Europe, India and Asia.
- For over twenty years, JJ very successfully managed and led international high performance teams in highly competitive multinationals environments. All of the management skills acquired during that time have been incorporated into this program.
- JJ is an accredited member of staff of University College Cork, where he delivers modules on how to effectively manage people within organizations.
- In completing his Degree in Psychotherapy and his Diploma in Business Coaching, he acquired significant insights into how to motivate direct reports. These insights are also offered to course participants.
- JJ is part of a UK based Coach Training organization where he works with trainee coaches to develop key Professional skills such as High Impact Communication and Active Listening – all critical management skills.
- JJ is the winner of the Best Presenter Award on two occasions at the Analog Devices Corporate Technology Conferences and his workshops have been describes as insightful, practical, enjoyable and challenging.
- JJ has delivered customized versions of this program in some of Ireland’s most admired organizations such as Novartis, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline, ELFC, Chanelle Group, Lufthansa Technik and Analog Devices
“This Management Development Program provides many opportunities to improve aspects of your daily management role. Through examples intertwined with the theory, JJ reinforces the key principles of highly effective management and leaves you with a tangible toolset that you can use everyday. This is a very beneficial program for new managers as well as experienced managers who are looking for a fresh perspective or who want to evaluate their current management approach again best practice” Joe, Engineering Manager, Avaya.
“JJ has a natural talent for Senior Manager Development and works hard to ensure client and participant satisfaction. In the leadership development area JJ has a deep understanding of course content and with his keen interest in people, and background in coaching allows for excellent interaction during course delivery. It’s a pleasure to work with JJ and I would highly recommend him” Ben Kelly, European Training Manager, Analog Devices.
“I found JJ to be an excellent trainer. His use of everyday examples really brought home the points he was making. He is very personable, approachable and knowledgeable in his area. I would have no hesitation in recommending him. The course was well balanced and there were lots of group contributions and discussion” Claire.Training Manager, ICECube
“I found JJ’s course to be very insightful and helpful in understanding management approaches and styles in different situations. The examples and scenarios really reinforced the key messages of this Management Development Program.
Emer, Senior Manager Research and Development, Avaya.
“Excellent program with very relevant material to my current management position. I feel that this course has given me the confidence to challenge performance in situations where I was previously lacked the courage to do so” Padraig, Process Engineer, Abbott Ireland
“The course met all of my high expectations and JJ presented this course in a concise, clear and highly engaging way. Great examples and real life situations were used throughout which made this management development program easy to relate to and it motivates the participants to implement back in the workplace” Emma, Merit Medical
“I found this program to be very useful and well-focused. It dealt comprehensively with all key areas of management and in particular in the difficult area of conflict resolution and having difficult conversations. I would definitely recommend JJ to any manager who is seeking to develop their own management skills” Rory, Barclay Chemicals.
“Truly excellent program…. practical and highly relevant in the workplace and elsewhere” Ian , Barclay Chemicals
“JJ was excellent in his delivery of the program and its content” Martin, SR Technics
“To come to a management development program and to have all of your objectives met is very unusual. This program exceeded my expectations. I particularly enjoyed JJ’s skill in engaging all participants” Declan, Lake Region Medical
“Brilliant delivery of material. JJ drew from personal experiences to support the theory. There was a balanced delivery of material with exercises to reinforce learnings and to ensure full participation from all the course participants. I would recommend managers at all levels to work with JJ” Paul, Cook Medical
“I found the content and delivery of the material both relevant and practical with the experiential exercises to be exceptionally insightful. I would recommend this course to any people managers.” Ger, Baxter Healthcare
“One of the best courses that I have attended to date. I will be recommending the benefits of this course to my HR Manager” Derek, Baxter Healthcare