Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available
DATES: Tuesday, October 7th
TIME: 9.00am – 5.00pm
LOCATION: Radisson Blu Limerick
COST: €125 Member: €175 Non Member - per person(Skillnet funding applied)
This programme is designed to equip learners with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to manage their time more effectively by eliminating unnecessary interruptions, prioritising tasks and understanding the difference between urgent and important.
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Assess their work priorities and schedules.
- Prioritise their tasks.
- Set individual goals and objectives.
- Plan their time effectively in order to achieve their personal and organisational goals.
- Identify and manage time robbers such as emails, meetings, phone calls and interruptions.
- Overcome Procrastination.
- Manage their communications more effectively.
- Delegate tasks effectively
- Improve their work output as a result of improved personal effectiveness.
The programme tutor has experience in delivering this programme across all sectors, including the highly regulated FDA environment.
A participative and interactive training approach will be followed throughout the programme. In tandem with a number of exercises (both individual and group), participants will be encouraged to discuss topics and share their own experiences. The programme will be evaluated informally during the programme and by a formal questionnaire at its conclusion.
- Components of Time Management
- Benefits and Challenges of Effective Time Management
- Compiling a Time Log and Assessing your Time
- Prioritisation and Designing an Effective ‘To Do’ List.
- Time Management Matrix – Urgent versus Important Tasks
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives.
- Identifying Time Robbers.
- Phone Calls
- Overcoming Procrastination.
- Managing your Time with Outlook.
- Personal Effectiveness.
- Influencing Others.
- Focused Communication.
- Written Communication (including email)
- Effective Delegation.
Materials: Copies of PowerPoint slides and handouts covering course content will be provided to all participants.
Mike Roche Training
“In the time that Cook Medical has been involved with Mike Roche Training, we have used his programmes as an integral part of our training calendar. Mike has shown great flexibility in being able to adapt the programmes to meet our specific needs, ensuring that the exact learning outcomes were achieved, to the overall benefit of the organisation. Specific feedback from the Personal Effectiveness and Time Management programmes indicated that employees were immediately able to take the learning and apply it in their specific job functions.”
"Mike's facilitation style allowed the delegates to actively participate in the Personal Effectiveness and Time Management programme. As a result of his approach, the participants felt that they maximised the learning outputs, thereby empowering them to quickly implement practical solutions on returning to their daily roles." University of Limerick
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria