Business Excellence Network
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes
DATES: Friday 22nd & Thursday 28th Friday 29th June 2012
TIME: 8am 4pm
COST: Memebers 232 / Non Members 295
LOCATION: Bray, County Wicklow
The Safety Representative Course is a 3 day programme designed to outline the role and function of the Safety Representative and conforms to the guidance set out by the Health and Safety Authority and provides a comprehensive foundation to Health and Safety.
Safety Culture in the workplace
Health and Safety Legislation
Implications of Health and Safety Legislation on both employer and employee
Role of Safety Representative/Safety Officer & Safety Team
Safety Statement/Risk Assessments/Safe Working Procedures
Accident/Incident Reporting and Prevention
Safety Audits etc
Chemical Safety and Handling
To enable participants to take up the role and functions of Safety Representative in their work place
- Understand the role of a Safety Representative
- Equipping participants with an understanding of the necessary components of an effective health and safety management system..
- Equipping participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to complete risk assessments.
- Identifying the required safety arrangements for specific workplace hazards.
- Understand the relevant Legislation.
The objective of the course is to equip participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to:
- To know and understand current Health and Safety Legislation,
- To understand the role and function of the Safety Rep within the organization
- To assist in the investigation of accidents ,
- To suggest safety changes and improvements.,
- To consult, coach and guide fellow employees
- To prevent, and investigate workplace accidents.
- Carry out risk assessments.
Who should attend
Employers and employees assigned safety responsibilities.
The course comprising 4 modules will be run over three days. Detailed lectures followed by group exercises will be presented. As per the module descriptor assessments will consist of a theory assessment lasting 1.5 hours and two practical assignments.
The Methodology will consist of class room and if possible some site visits, with group exercises in risk assessment and hazard recognition.
- Health and Safety legislation
- Health and safety policy / Safety Statement
- Role of Safety Representative/Safety Officer & Safety Team
- Risk Assessments
- Manual handling
- Machine Guarding
- Emergency preparedness
- Accident Causation / Investigation
- Work equipment
- Safety Consultation
- Safety Management systems
- Lock out / Tag out.
To optimize the benefit to each participant, numbers will be restricted to a maximum of 10 people and each module will be customized as far as possible to individual training needs.
Course materials provided
- Detailed training manual/workbook
- Risk assessment forms
- Summaries of relevant legislation
- Safety Statement structured format
- In the site visits to the companies (if possible), we will cover the specific requirements that should be covered in the training to suit that particular company and are set out in Section 20 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005.
Training Company Name and Website
|EnviroSafety Consultancy Ltd www.envirosafety.ie|
Michael Mc Grath has more than 30 years experience in the chemical industry, in a variety of process, safety, training and environmental roles. He has worked in alumina refineries in Canada, Spain and Brazil. He set up his own company in 2007 concentrating on safety and environmental training and consultancy.
- Process Operator, Supervisor, General Supervisor with N.E.T. Arklow. Co Wicklow
- General Supervisor Aughinish Alumina
- Contracts Administrator / Co-Ordinator Capital Projects
- Safety and Training Co- Ordinator
- Environmental Facilitator
- Safety & Environmental Specialist as contractor.
- Self Employed Safety , Environmental Training & Consultancy.
- Completed Safety Training with 405 employees in RUSAL Aughinish 2006
- Completed Safety Training with 470 employees in Wyeth Nutritional 2009/2011
Worked on 40 million Euro Civil Project to install Residue Disposal Area as Safety
- Fetac Provider and Authenticator
- Qualified Safety Auditor
- Qualified Advanced External Auditor.
- Completed training course for Site Managers for Building & Civil Engineering Industries (C.I.T.B )
- Scaffolding Inspection Course, (C.I.T.B.)
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria