Dates: June 18th & 19th
Day1: 8.30am - 4.30pm & Day 2: 8.30am - 12.30pm
Price: €200 Member €250 Non Member (per person)
Up your game with this one and a half day workshop. This workshop is all about stepping up to the mark at work, keeping up with expectations and upping your performance. Targeted at people who find it uncomfortable speaking up, standing up, managing and communicating upward, having difficult conversations or dealing with conflict in the workplace.
Do you leave work, meetings or conversations often feeling frustrated, believing you did not deal with situations appropriately, you did not say what you truly wanted to say or that it just came out wrong. If so, this workshop can help you.
The workshop is very much an exploration of the participant’s current reality in relation to these difficulties with a view to increasing awareness of both self and others, using structured frameworks and models to move forward with a more confident approach. Upping skills in these areas.
In this workshop we use a blended learning approach where the preferences of all adult learner types have been taken into consideration. There is time for self-reflection, group work and future action planning. The result being a change for the better ‘upping’ wellbeing and performance at work.
- Examine current reality
- Reflect on past experience, the aftermath, personal impact, performance impact
- Discuss common group denominators
- Review Managerial Styles and Power
- Understand expectations
- Develop a basic understanding of Transactional Analysis
- Explore your role in successful outcomes, perception and politics
- Perform assertiveness self-assessment
- Understand assertiveness scale and manifestation
- Apply assertiveness models
- Compare ‘OK’ ness positions (Self - concept)
- Explore conflict (Healthy conflict, types of conflict)
- Structure feedback
- Contract with a ‘Buddy’ and commit to action plan
- Perform learning review
This programme is suitable for anyone who finds managing or communicating upward e.g. to the boss or superiors less comfortable than with peers and direct reports.
During workshop, participants will cover :
- Introductions and Objective
- Current reality. Your personal scene: Who, What, When, Where and How?
- Group analysis common denominators, actions and reactions, group script
- Personal impact, performance impact
- Managerial Styles and Power
- It’s not me, it’s you? Understanding expectations / finding middle ground.
- The Actors – assign roles to group script
- Transactional Analysis – Adult to Adult conversations
- Assertiveness self- assessment, self-defeating cycles and model
- ‘OK’ ness (Self-concept)
- The importance and impact of body language
- Setting a positive tone
- I’d like to say …….. (group application of assertiveness model)
- Agreeing to disagree
- Types of conflict
- Approaches to handling conflictual situations
- Personal preference, personal reference
- Healthy recovery
- Feedback – a structured approach
- Future proofing – re-writing the script
- Re-set your personal scene
- Contract with a ‘Buddy’, share personal scene
- Commit to future action – ‘The Suas (Up) plan’
- Review Learning
- Evaluation & Close
Trainer: Michelle Dinneen ardincareerdevelopment.com
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets, please visit www.skillnets.ie