Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes
DATES: May 29th & 30th
TIME: 9am - 5pm
COST: €295 member; €395 non member (with Skillnet funding applied)
LOCATION: South East
This Supervisory Management Skills training course is a 2 Day public programme, designed for people who are responsible for managing others within an organisation, including Supervisors, Middle Management and Team Leaders. It focuses on the key components required from supervisors to achieve the optimum for their team – including effective team building, coaching, motivation, planning and conflict resolution.
At Course Completion:
Candidtes understand how to have a positive impact on the team through developing Supervisory Management skills.
Candidates understand how planning, is a key component of success.
Candidates understand people management and conflict resolution.
This Supervisory Management Skills training programme may be of interest to Supervisors, Team Leaders and Managers who wish to develop their management style to create a positive impact on their team to promote success.
Introduction & objectives
Leadership vs. Management
· Role of the Manager
· Developing Leadership Skills
· Stages of the Leadership Journey
· Authentic Leadership
· Behaviour types
· Rights & Responsibilities
· What is Assertive Behaviour?
· How to become assertive
· Simple model of communication
· 6-stage model of communication
· Active listening
· Steps for Assertive Communication
· Assertiveness Skills & Techniques
· What is motivation?
· Motivating others
· Motivation and management style
· Steps for keeping yourself motivated
· What is a team?
· Stages of Team Development
· Management style for team stages
· The myth of Time Management
· Efficiency or Effectiveness
· Setting priorities
· The 7 stages of Planning
· Elements of a Plan
· SMART Objectives
· Mind Mapping
· Coaching in the workplace
· Understanding when coaching can be used
· Essential Coaching Skills
· The Adult Learning Cycle
· Coaching Structures
· Coaching Teams
· Analyse the task
· Analyse the person
· Agree a monitoring system
· Set the climate for delegation
· Review Progress
Upward Assertion Managing Conflict
· Sources of Conflict
· Steps to managing conflict
· Managing conflict assertively
· Conflict Management Styles
Personal Action Plan
Training Company Name and Website
Mary Beary is a corporate consultant providing consultancy and training in Management Skills & Personal Development and specialising in Communication and Interpersonal Skills for Procad Training.
Mary has delivered training for Procad Training for a number of years now and is a highly qualified and experienced Management Skills Trainer and always consistently delivering top quality courses for Procad Training over these years.
Our evaluations of courses delivered by Mary particularly highlight excellence with pace, style and humour, showing commitment to the preparation, planning, delivery and customising of each course. Mary identifies specific needs and is always willing to spend extra time on problem areas.”
Mary combines all key areas of Management Skills and delivers a range of courses in this area. Mary also qualified with a Certificate in Training & Continuing Education in 2004 from NUI Maynooth, and went on to gain a Diploma in Business, Executive and Personal Coaching from the Coach Institute of Ireland in 2007. In June 2008, Mary completed an Advanced Training in Career Coaching Skills & Career Management Tools for Coaches.
Her qualifications include:-
- B.Sc. Management
- Diploma in Advanced Marketing Techniques.
- Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- The T.E.F.L. Institute of Ireland – 1988
- Certificate in Training & Further Education
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria