Supervisory & Management Skills – Warehousing / Logistics QQI Level 6
Day 1: 9am - 4pm Wednesday, 4th October 2017
The course is mainly by Distance Learning (e-learning and home study) and also attendance at one classroom session at the beginning (October 4th ) & one classroom session at the end (date tbc) -- An agreed timetable/schedule will be made with learners on Day 1. Full support will be provided by trainer for distance learning.
Cost: €650 member; €750 non member (with Skillnets funding applied)
includes all QQI fees (Registration, Markings, authentication, Certificate) & course book
The QQI assessment involves the submission of a work based Project (2,500 words) and evidence of having performed a Skills demonstration of the key management skills. There are no exams. The course duration is generally over a period of six weeks, but can be extended if required. QQI require it to be completed within a three month period from the start.
Who is this Training Course for?
The Supervisory / Management training Course is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, practical skills and understanding required to operate effectively as a Supervisor, Line Manager or Team Leader in a variety of business settings e.g. Supply Chain / Warehouse / Logistics. It is ideal for new or existing Managers who want to develop their confidence and gain an internationally recognised qualification. It provides the opportunity to progress on to further training and development in the QQI progression ladder.
Entry Requirement: There are no previous academic requirements.
What is it about? This course is QQI approved and on satisfactory completion of Assessments you will be awarded a QQI Level 6 in Supervisory Management with 15 Credits.
- Managing in Context – using resources; customer focus; understanding the environment / culture.
- Providing Direction – Developing your career professionally; principles of effective communication; leading / delegating; motivating; developing productive work relationships.
- People and Performance – managing teams; improving performance; discipline and grievance; managing change; problem solving and decision making; recruiting to the team.
- Effective Resource Management/Team Leadership – managing and controlling costs and resources; changing inputs and outputs; information management; financial information; budgets.
- Focusing on Results – planning, leading, organising and controlling; meeting customer needs; managing the work environment; continuous improvement (CI).
Course Structure: Learning takes place through three methodologies. 1) Classroom with a mixture of presentations, practical exercises and discussions. 2) Practical application of the learning in a workplace environment 3) Some home study may be required.
Each participant will receive the Course Manual and prescribed Text Book, Personal development Log and direct Tutor support the duration of the course.
Training Provider: BAYFORD is an approved provider of Quality Qualifications of Ireland (QQI) and Michael Walton will be the tutor www.bayfordtraining.com
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets, please visit www.skillnets.ie