Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes
DATES: 21st & 22nd November 2012
TIME: 9.30 am 5.00 pm
LOCATION: Limerick Raheen
COST: member 338.00 non-member 375.0
This Supervisory Management Skills training course is a 2 Day public programme, designed for people who are responsible for managing others within an organisation, including Supervisors, Middle Management and Team Leaders. It focuses on the key components required from supervisors to achieve the optimum for their team including effective team building, coaching, motivation, planning and conflict resolution.
Introduction & objectives
Leadership vs. Management
· Role of the Manager
· Developing Leadership Skills
· Stages of the Leadership Journey
· Authentic Leadership
· Behaviour types
· Rights & Responsibilities
· What is Assertive Behaviour?
· How to become assertive
· Simple model of communication
· 6-stage model of communication
· Active listening
· Steps for Assertive Communication
· Assertiveness Skills & Techniques
· What is motivation?
· Motivating others
· Motivation and management style
· Steps for keeping yourself motivated
· What is a team?
· Stages of Team Development
· Management style for team stages
· The myth of Time Management
· Efficiency or Effectiveness
· Setting priorities
· The 7 stages of Planning
· Elements of a Plan
· SMART Objectives
· Mind Mapping
· Coaching in the workplace
· Understanding when coaching can be used
· Essential Coaching Skills
· The Adult Learning Cycle
· Coaching Structures
· Coaching Teams
· Analyse the task
· Analyse the person
· Agree a monitoring system
· Set the climate for delegation
· Review Progress
Upward Assertion Managing Conflict
· Sources of Conflict
· Steps to managing conflict
· Managing conflict assertively
· Conflict Management Styles
Personal Action Plan
This Supervisory Management Skills training programme may be of interest to Supervisors, Team Leaders and Managers who wish to develop their management style to create a positive impact on their team to promote success.
At Course Completion:
Candidtes understand how to have a positive impact on the team through developing Supervisory Management skills.
Candidates understand how planning is a key component of success.
Candidates understand people management and conflict resolution.
Training Company Name and Website
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria