Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes
DATES: May 6, 16, 26 and June 3rd plus assessment session in June (approx. 2 weeks afterwards)
TIME: 9.00am – 5.00pm
COST:€400 Member; €500 Non Member (per person)
Design and delivery of a 4 day training program for team leaders to develop a consistent, people-oriented approach to supervisory management across the organisation. The program can be fine tuned to focus on elements to address any pertinent issues.
Participants will complete a work-based assignment to allow them to apply the learning in the work-place. The assignment will be set by the participants’ managers after the second training day and will focus on a topic centred on a real business issue. The outcomes from the assignment will be presented during a ½ day assessment session organised for about 2 weeks after the final training day.
The aims of this program can be listed as follows:
- To ensure consistency in the supervisory management skills to facilitate team leaders in getting the best from the people they are responsible for.
- To support the development of the team leader group.
- To provide a tool-box of proven techniques that can be readily applied.
The core learning points of the workshops
- Understanding the role of the team leader
- Managing yourself – time and workflow management
- Communication skills and running meetings
- Dealing with conflict and problematic people
- Effective decision making
- Managing an effective team
Motivation, managing and leadership
The target audience is team leaders
Outline of the typical key points covered during the workshops
Managing yourself: key points
- Time as a Resource
- Time Stealers
- Workflow Mapping
- Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Time Management & Personality
- Time Management Systems
- Differentiating Urgent and Important tasks
- Problems in Time Management
- Planning as a Time Management tool
- Proactive workflow
- Projects and Schedules
- Documents and Environmental Factors in Workflow
- Stress and Time Management
- Managing Yourself Effectively
Interpersonal Skills: key points
- Basics of Communication.
- Barriers and Problems in Communication.
- Listening Skills.
- Questioning Skills.
- Communication Technologies.
- Presentation Skills
- Transactional Analysis
- Dealing with Conflict and awkward people
- Written Communication – Pitfalls and Pointers
- Experience in meetings.
- Types of Meetings
- Characteristics of Good Meetings v Bad Meetings
- Planning and Preparing for Meetings.
- Leading Meetings – the Role of the Chairperson.
- Participating Actively in Meetings
- Minutes, Action Plans and Follow-up.
Effective Meetings: key points
Effective Teams: key points
- Client Culture – how the team fits in.
- Types of Teams – formats and characteristics.
- Behavioural Styles - their impact on teams.
- Teams – Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Communication – Synergising the Team.
- The Team in Planning and Strategy.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – The Team Approach.
- Dealing with Conflict and Diversity
- Leading and motivating a Team.
- Team Development.
Decision Making key points
- Basis of decisions
- Decision making process
- Decision trees
- Paired comparisons
- Ishikawa diagrams
- Using multiple perspectives
- PROACT as a decision making tool
- Decision / Solution design – characterising a great solution
Trainer Profile Qualification & Relevant Experience / References
Details on the Consultant: Dr. Jim Bradley
Prior to launching Catalysis Consulting in 1998, Jim’s background was in the medical diagnostics / pharmaceutical sector where he gained practical experience in roles encompassing the development and implementation of technical / compliance based training, research and development /new product introduction, international customer service, marketing and new business development, and development of technical marketing support documentation for partners across EMEA and the US.
Since 1998, working as a consultant with Irish and multinational companies across a range of industry sectors including pharmaceutical, medical devices, education, health provision and insurance services, he has extended his skills and experience to include strategy development and implementation; in this respect he has led projects to define strategy and develop tactical plans needed to design and manage a range of ventures. He also has significant experience in the design and delivery of human capital development interventions - leading projects to deliver team and individual performance improvement across a range of sectors, to date more than 15,000 people have participated in his training programs. These elements of experience coupled with a pragmatic approach to project management, business excellence / lean 6 sigma, customer relationship management, innovation and performance management - enables him to understand, work with, develop and guide people from different functional areas and cultures through strategic challenges to deliver operational success.
In his educational background, Jim is a Science/Business hybrid, having achieved academic qualifications in science up to doctoral level with a Ph.D. in Immunobiology, while in business he has been awarded an M.B.A. with distinction from the Ulster Business School at the University of Ulster. Regarding continuing professional development, he has completed courses in marketing, auditing and lean six sigma and has also successfully participated in the Master Trainer program as delivered through the Irish Management Institute.
Jim focuses on creating a challenging, stimulating environment by identifying and prioritizing key issues for participants so keeping their focus on developing skills and processes that are implementable and add value. His interpersonal skills allow him to relate to, build relationships with, manage and work with people at all levels. These skills, coupled with his blend of academic qualifications and experience across the scientific (both pure and applied) and business fields, enable him to effectively network with people and give him the credibility to positively influence them. Throughout his career, Jim has built a solid reputation for designing and implementing customer-focused solutions for both business and people development that can be implemented for the benefit of organisations, their people and their customers.
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria