Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes
DATES: Wednesday 20th August
TIME: 9am – 5pm
COST: €250.00 Members / €315.00 Non-Member (with funding applied – regular cost is €395 per person)
Technical Report Writing
One Day Training Course
|BackgroundAttending this comprehensive training course will help you get your message across and save you time. Our structured, practical programme will help you to identify the key message and to deliver it clearly and concisely.|
|Learning OutcomesOn successful completion of this training course, delegates should be able to:
|Who Should AttendEngineers, Managers, Scientists and other Technical Personnel involved in disciplines such as Quality, Engineering, Regulatory Affairs, Technical Services and Research and Development have all benefitted greatly by attending this course in the past.|
|Course ProgrammeThe six step programme guides the writer from analysing the audience and subject through to producing a professional looking high quality finished document that will impress.The Six Steps are:1. Knowing the Audience2. Data Gathering and Interpretation3. Getting the Structure Right
4. Use of Graphics
5. Simple Rules for Good English
6. Report Editing and Completion
The programme is built around participant requirements and features practical exercises to help them hone their skills on the day. Participants complete a simple questionnaire in advance of the programme and submit samples of their reports, so that they can receive individual feedback on the areas where they can achieve most improvement.
|Course Tutor||John Lafferty|
|Course Times||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Course Manual||Delegates will receive a very comprehensive course manual.|
Excellent tutor who brings over twenty years experience in the Life Sciences sector to the classroom.
- Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Manufacturing Technology Degree. NUIG 1986
- Diploma in Process Engineering; Six Sigma Black Belt. HETAC 2009
- Certificate in Training and Continuing Education. HETAC 2008
- Certificate in Management of Quality Control. NCEA 1989
- FAS Registered Trainer
As a tutor for SQT John has developed and delivered successful public and in-house training programmes with the following characteristics:
- Interactive teaching style – learners are expected to participate as well as listen.
- Workshop and demand led teaching – learners are guided to find answers through workshop-style exercises rather than simply passively receiving information.
- Questions and real life case studies examples for discussion are encouraged to ground the learning in day to day factory situations.
- Ongoing learning with course manual – all staff receive their own course manual and where appropriate an action so that all learning can be consolidated afterwards in the workplace.
Training Company Name and Website
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria