Business Excellence Skillnet
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes
DATES: Tuesday 23rd April
TIME: 9. 00 am 5.00 pm
COST: 255 per member / 320 non member
This program is radically different to all other offerings in this space. To begin with, the program facilitator, JJ O Riordan, strongly believes that the traditional carrot and stick approach to managing employees has many limitations!
The carrot and stick approach may get employee compliance, but that is no longer sufficient to manage and lead todays highly educated workforce. Providing managers and leaders with the skills to create an environment where employees volunteer their best contribution is whats required to consistently win on a global basis. This experiential workshop demonstrates in a highly effective way the coaching skills needed by managers and leaders to create such a highly productive working environment.
Managers and leaders who acquire the coaching skills offered during this workshop will have the ability to coach their employees to a significantly higher level of performance. Also, by integrating these coaching skills into their own management style, the managers and leaders will have the ability to interact in a significantly more effective way with their peers and their senior management colleagues.
This program begins by outlining the benefits of adopting a coaching approach to managing people and why leading organizations are transitioning to this more effective approach to raising the performance of their teams. The program will explore the significantly different attitude that Manager as Coaches bring to their workplace while the competencies necessary to being a highly effective coach will also be developed.
On completion of this workshop, participants will leave with the following insights and skills:
- Why taking a coaching approach to managing people is far more effective than the traditional carrot and stick approach.
- Awareness that its the attitude and presence of the Manager as Coach that lies at the heart of the effectiveness of the coaching approach.
- Awareness of the Core Competencies of Highly Effective Coaches
- The concept of Coach as Architect of a High Performance Environment
- The importance of Alignment of Employee and Organizational Needs
- Performance Management Understanding why people dont perform at their best!
- The Three Levels of Listening & The Art of Questioning
- The importance of a Coaching Contract and Designing Well Formed Outcomes
- The coaching approach to conducting difficult conversations.
This one day program aims to develop all the competencies needed to achieve the learning outcomes listed above.
Trainer Profile Qualification & Relevant Experience
- JJ is a full time Professional Coach and Program Facilitator and he currently coaches senior executives in organizations such as Analog Devices, Novartis, Abbott Laboratories and Microsoft.
- He has delivered this program on many occasions and the feedback has always been very positive. This proven program has also been delivered in Beijing and Shanghai
- He is accredited as a Professional Certified Coach by the International Coaching Federation the largest professional coaching organization in the world.
- JJs work on creating a coaching culture within Analog Devices was published by the International Coaching Federation in its global Coaching at Work publication.
- For over twenty years, JJ very successfully managed and led international high performance teams in highly competitive multinationals environments. His coaching approach to managing people was critical to this success
- His Degree in Psychotherapy supports his coaching practice and enables his clients to achieve the changes and results that they seek.
- JJ is part of a UK based Coach Training organization where he works with trainee coaches to develop their professional coaching skills
Name: JJ O Riordan
Address: The Commons, Ballingarry, Co Limerick
Mobile: +353 86 8354149
The Business Excellence Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For more information on Skillnets Ltd, please visit www.skillnets.ie
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available. Please click on the following link to check if you meet Jobseekers eligibility criteria