Information Requested: An ICBE member company would like some help designing a Learning, Training & Development (LTD) plan. They would like to hear from other member companies that have designed their own LTD plan and also companies that can recommend somebody who they have used to assist them in doing this
The main objectives are
- to learn from other companies that have designed their own LTD plan
- to get recommendations and feedback from companies who have experience of using an external person/organisation to design a LTD plan
RESPONSES[s2If !is_user_logged_in()] You MUST be a registered ICBE member and logged in to view the Responses to this Call for Support. For more information about membership or to login please click here.[/s2If] [s2If is_user_logged_in()]
From: Mary Collins [mailto:email@example.com] Subject: RE: Call For Support – Learning, Training & Development Plan
Hi Grainne, While we have not developed a plan we have done a lot more in the area of L&D in the last year of 2 and want to continue on this journey so I would be interested in sharing what we have done to date and would be interested in hearing the journey of other companies on this topic. Happy for you to share my details.
Director, Human Resources Europe
From: Siobhan McGovern [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Subject: RE: Call For Support – Learning, Training & Development Plan
The process we use here in Ballina Beverages is as follows.
- Send out a template to all Managers in Q4 to ask them what Training is required for each team member. This Training requirement then translates to the development plan of each individual for the year.
- As a plant decide from a strategic point of view what Training is required.
- Work with Safety to determine the Mandatory requirements for the coming year.
- A Master Training plan is compiled from all the individual requests.
- The Human Resources Manager and Training Specialist then evaluate the requests and ask appropriate questions, i.e. is this Training required, what will happen as a result of the intervention, what would happen if this Training was not conducted etc.
- A final Master Training plan is compiled.
- Review each month on progress of the Plan i.e. how much is completed in %.
I hope this gives an outline of the process we use here in Ballina. I would be very interested in getting the results of this process though to see what other organisations are doing.
Thanks and regards
From: Mitchell, Jane [mailto:email@example.com] Subject: RE: Call For Support – Learning, Training & Development Plan
Grainne, I’m not sure exactly what they are looking for but pretty sure I can help if you want to give them my name. (Jane created an Individual Development Plan process at Strkyer)
HR Specialist, Organisation and Talent Development at Stryker Orthopaedics
From: Jacinta Glover [mailto:JGlover@masonite.com] Sent: 09 May 2014 8:52
To: Grainne Walsh
Subject: RE: Call For Support – Learning, Training & Development Plan
We have done this – they are welcome to contact me.
From: Murphy, Anne [mailto:A.MURPHY@kostal.com] Subject: RE: Call For Support – Learning, Training & Development Plan
We compile and work from an Annual Training & Development Plan – is this what you mean??
Or do you mean designing a Specific Training & Development Plan for a particular learning event??
I can help with the first but not the second.
From: OMahony Julie [mailto:Julie.OMahony@stryker.com] Subject: RE: Call For Support – Learning, Training & Development Plan
Hi Grainne – I can share some of what we do if you so wish,
From: Michelle [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Subject: Re: Call For Support – Learning, Training & Development Plan
I have worked with a number of organisations designing and developing Induction and Onboarding programmes which incorporated developing cross functional learning and development curricula for regulatory requirements, legal, health and safety, soft skills and
Org specific / compliance requirements.
I also worked extensively developing in house L&D curricula and training plans
during my time in Boston Scientific Cork.
This may or may not be what they are looking for. If appropriate please give me a mention.
Kind regards, Michelle
Ardin Career Development
Phone 087 8285782.