1-day Resilience Workshop – ‘Bounce back – Move on’
Time/Date: 9am – 5pm: Weds, April 29th 2020
Location: Clayton Hotel, Silver Springs Hotel, Cork
Cost: €125 member; €170 non-member (per person)
Includes €38 cost of HRG self-assessment report + tea/coffee breaks & lunch
Pre-work: Participants must complete the Hardiness Resilience Gauge (HRG) – This is a self-assessment and takes approx. 10-15 minutes to complete
Objective: To equip participants with an understanding of resilience and the importance & benefits of emotional resilience. At the end of this session, participants will be able to apply practical techniques to bounce back and move on from adversity
|What makes some people focus and perform better under pressure while others struggle?
The answer is Resilience– Resilience gives people the strength to tackle problems head-on, overcome adversity, and move on –
- Introduction & Objectives
- What is Resilience?
- Personal reflection & misunderstandings
- Resilient people
- Pressure – Stress – Burnout
- 4. Knowing the difference (Symptoms & manifestation)
A frantic mind
- This section is completed by practically working with the “I” framework
- Identify – Assess – Move Forward
- Types of stress
- Cognitive distortions and restructuring
- The power of ‘facts’
- The three P’s
- The power of ‘yet’
- Mind & Body
- The nervous system & how to tap into it (including practical exercises)
- Social connection
- Every day – sleep, food, exercise
- The Hardiness Resilience Gauge (HRG)
- Overview of the HRG
- Challenge, Control, Commitment
- Individual reports including brief 1:1 discussion
- Application of learning
- 10 habits for resilience and wellbeing & how to apply them
- Practical application of techniques
- Buddy support agreement
- Additional resources
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS WORKSHOPS
- If I had known this years ago, my life could’ve been so different.
- Since completing the Resilience workshop, my outlook on life has completely changed. I’m far less stressed.
- If it wasn’t for the Resilience workshop, I’d currently be out on stress leave
- I can see things with a bit more perspective now
- Resilience is definitely the super power that we should all learn to tap into!
- I loved the body and mind piece as the brain can influence the health of the body, and the workshop really helped me to understand and practice this.
- Resilience to me is all about positive thinking. Thoughts becomes things; choose the good ones! You have the power to choose.
- I feel like these are skills everyone should learn and practice not only in bad times, but also fully feeling the good times too.
- A good reset.
Michelle Dinneen – Ardin Career Development www.ardincareerdevelopment.ie
Michelle holds a Masters in Human Resource Leadership, is a Master Trainer and has over 15 years experience in Operations and HR training in a multinational environment.
Michelle specialises in creative and innovative programme design, customisation and delivery.
Michelle’s energy, enthusiasm and rapport building training style combined with interactive participant activities ensure an educational and an enjoyable learning experience for all.