Cost: €450 Member; €550 Non Member (per person)
Over 50% Skillnet COVID-19 Response Funding applied
- Wednesday 17th June: 8.30 am – 1.00 pm
- Friday 19th June: 8.30 am – 1.00 pm
- Monday 22nd June: 8.30 am – 1.00 pm
- Friday 26th June: 8.30 am – 1.00 pm
‘This excellent coaching program designed to help gain a working knowledge and practice of coaching has been converted to an online/virtual classroom offering.
Ideal for those with little or no coaching experience who need the essentials for their work and also for those with some coach training and experience who want to further develop their practice and effectiveness.
This program is certified by the ICF (International Coach Federation) and qualifies delegates for 16 CCEUs (Continuing Coach Education Units).
Feedback from previous programs
- It was excellent, probably the best three days of training I’ve spent!! – HR Manager, ICBE Member Company
- The word has spread about how amazing the 3 day Coaching course with Gerry was – I have 3 more people interested in doing it if you are running it again soon? – HR Manager, ICBE Member Company
- Thank you for including me on the course above. With 34 years of experience in business, I was surprised that someone could teach me so much on a subject I thought I was good at – Operations Director, ICBE Member Company
This programme is designed to help the delegates deepen their working knowledge and practice of coaching. Specific objectives include helping delegates:
- Develop more awareness of the coaching competencies as specified by the International Coach Federation
- Further integrate the application of coaching models, tools and competencies into your role
- Increase your effectiveness as leaders, managers and professionals within your organisations
The program will be run over four half days (each of 4.5 hours long).
The style will be appropriate to adult learning needs with a mix of short briefings on relevant theory/models, facilitated discussion, group engagement and opportunities to try out and practice your learning.
We have retained all of the main elements of the face-to-face course, including lots of practical experience of coaching practice. We have experience of delivering online training sessions, and are struck by the quality and depth of training work that can now be done on line.
Feedback when provided will be affirming and constructive, both from the facilitator and from your fellow learners. The content will include the following areas and a more detailed outline of the three days is included below.
- Active listening – Three areas of listening
- Setting it up for success
- Questioning and providing feedback
- When is coaching appropriate
- Developing trust and rapport
- Goal setting and planning
- The coaching process
- Definition of coaching and how it differs from other approaches
- International Coach Federation’s Core Competencies
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Creating the most effective relationships for learning, growth and independence
- Challenge and support
- Coaching practice, practice, practice
Training Provider: http://www.xenergie.com/
This programme will be delivered by Gerry Ryan and Kieran Murphy
Gerry Ryan MCC, MICF has a vast experience of in-depth coaching and different approaches to leadership development which has lead him to attain the title of MCC (Master Credentialed Coach) accredited by the ICF (International Coach Federation). This level of award accredited by the ICF is the top level of award and Gerry is currently one of only five coaches in Ireland with this level of credential! (Click here to view Gerry’s profile)
Kieran Murphy has over 20 years experience of senior leadership positions in a variety of not-for-profit organisations, at both executive and Board level, in Ireland and the UK.
The consistent themes across all of Kieran’s experience is his relentless curiosity and exploration about how to bring about positive change in large complex systems, so that people, communities and countries are transformed for the better.
Kieran also brings his experience of pursuing his own purpose – leaving a secure, senior position in 2014 to establish his own business in leadership, team and organisation development.
Kieran has a number of qualifications, including a Diploma in Systemic Team Coaching, Certificate in Coaching Skills and an MA in Organisational Analysis from the University of East London, UK.
This programme’s specific objectives include:
- Introduction to coaching and core coaching competencies
- The stages of the coaching process
- Why people change and why they don’t – assessing the coachability and developmental capacity in others
- Becoming a manager-coach – creating manager-staff learning partnerships for motivating people to achieve their potential and become more accountable and responsible for their own success
- Identifying the real need – unlocking the real issues that block progress and performance
- Questioning and Feedback that can deliver breakthrough
- Directive vs. non-directive coaching and when and how to use both
- Creating well-formed outcomes
- Goal setting and planning
- Designing actions and personal development plans
- Balancing challenge and support to encourage accountability
- Situational leadership
- Moving from reactive to reflective
- Mastering ego states and drama triangles
- Seeing different perspectives
- Team group process study
- Project application