Certificate in Lean & OpEx (Yellow Belt)Back to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 20 Sep 2021
- Duration: Duration 14 weeks • Time: One hour live online lecture per week. Lectures are also recorded if you cannot attend the live lectures.
- Time: 12:00 pm to 12:00 pm
- Location: Online
- Certificate: Level 7
- Cost: €250 (with ICBE funding this is reduced to €150)
Enrol in Ireland's largest accredited online Lean & Operational Excellence (OpEx) course. This programme is being utilised by several of Ireland's leading employers to upskill their workforce using IT Sligo's award-winning 'anytime - anywhere' online learning system. The course includes weekly live interactive sessions with your lecturer(s). All lectures are also recorded for later viewing and revision purposes. Note: If you are an employer planning to enrol a group of your employees on this programme, please get in contact with us (email@example.com) so that we can offer you more personalised options.
The Lean & OpEx Yellow Belt’ certificate course is primarily aimed at those working in a modern manufacturing or service environment who wish to expand their knowledge in the principles of Lean methodologies and Operational Excellence tools. Participants on this course are also given free access to Minitab Workspace during their course of study at IT Sligo. Minitab Workspace contains powerful visual tools, process maps, brainstorming diagrams and forms in one intuitive interface that will be utilised throughout the course. The Lean tools are a key component and enabler of Operational Excellence where problem-solving, teamwork and leadership result in continuous improvement in the workplace. Although originating in manufacturing, the Lean Tools and Techniques are also being used in healthcare, banking and government sectors where benefits have been achieved in productivity, efficiency, and cost reduction.
The course is aimed at all levels within the organisation including operators, technicians, supervisors and managers. The course is offered over 1 semester (14 weeks). All of the course material and assessments are taken online with one lecture per week. The lectures are also recorded so you can watch them anytime at your own convenience.
Key Course Information
During this course, the student will study the application of Lean and Operational Excellence (OpEx) principles, including the Shingo model for operational excellence.
Topics will include:
- Principles of Lean and Operational Excellence
- Lean transformation and the culture of continuous improvement.
- Identifying the waste in your process – The 7 Deadly Wastes
- Toyota Productions System (TPS)
- Standard Work
- Daily Meetings, Leader Standard Work & Gemba Walks
- Problem Solving Tools & Techniques - A3 Problem Solving (8 Step) / DMAIC & PDCA
- Lean Metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Flowcharting and Value Stream Mapping™ (current and future state)
- 5S and Visual Management
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) - 'winning the shift'
- SMED (Quick Changeover Techniques)
- Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing)
- JIT Production Levelling / Continuous Flow