Aviation Finance Finuas Network
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available
Date: 12th Thursday November 2015
Trainer: Clear Thinking In Action
Cost: €195.00 funding applied
This 1/2 Day Programme will help you to tap into critical and creative problem solving techniques and abilities in order enhance successful performance in project management – igniting ideas in action. The programme concentrates on building on the three aspects of success:
Passion Productivity Perseverance
The programme will cover:
- Understanding Problem Solving, Creativity and the Drive to Action
- Analysing Problems
- Generating Alternative actions
- Removing Obstacles & Blockages
- Leading others to action
Valerie Pierce, MA (Phil), MSc (Executive Coaching) is Creator of the training concept ‘Clear & Critical Thinking’ and author of the books ‘Quick Thinking on Your Feet.’ (Published in Ireland 2003: Japan 2004: USA 2005: China 2005) and Focus: The Art of Clear Thinking (May 2014)
Her international client list includes public and private sector clients in Ireland, UK and US over a 20 year period.
Valerie also lectures on MBA programmes at Ashridge Business School, Brooks University Oxford, the Smurfit School of Business and Trinity College Dublin.
She is a Tutor on the worldwide Ashridge Leadership Programme and is the author of the ‘Creative Problem Solving’ Learning Guide (2011) for the Ashridge Business School online learning portal (No. 1 for Exectuve Education in UK – Financial Times).
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING: Details of the Day
Part 1 – Creative Problem Solving (Passion)
- Obtain Clear Focus: separating ‘Passion’ from ‘Emotion’
- Think ‘outside the box’: Using Open Questions to Open the Mind.
- Introduction to the IDEAL™ model for successful Problem solving
- I: Identify the Problem
- D: Define your Objective
- E: Explore Options
- A: Anticipate Obstacles
- L: Lead others to Action
Part 2 – Exploring Creativity as a tool for successful Problem Solving
- Participants are introduced to ideas on gaining successful Creativity in Organisations (through the work of T. Amabile – Harvard School of Business)
- The session continues with techniques in developing ability to make use of a variety of perspectives to stimulate new ideas in problem solving and decision making.
- These Ideas are captured and a mind-map is drawn to show the relevance of these ideas to the issues at hand
Part 3 – Overcoming Negative Thinking – Developing ideas for action (Productivity)
- This session focuses on removing obstacles and blockages to achieving effective problem solving
- Participants learn to use the D.N.A. print to change negative thinking into positive action.
Part 4 – Being Creative in Leading Others to Action (Perseverance)
- Great skills and ideas can often be lost in Translation
- Participants learn to transfer their thoughts in a way that makes sense to others
- ‘Getting others to want to do what you want them to do’.