Level 9 Certificate in Data Visualisation – 9 week programme with TUS Limerick School of Art and DesignBack to Training
- Date: 3 Feb 2022
- Duration: 9 Online Sessions
- Time: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Location: Online
- Cost: €595.00 – €990.00
We are delighted to announce that the Data Visualisation programme developed by ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet
in conjunction with
Limerick School of Art and Design (LSAD) - TUS is now a 10 credit Special Purpose Award at NFQ Level 9
There is a growing need for organisations to present data in a visually coherent & sophisticated way
in order to enhance effective decision making.
This exciting 9 week programme focuses on digital literacy and design and is targeted at
anyone who communicates insights from data in their job.
Data Visualisation : 9-week Level 9 Certificate
Dates and Times: 9 x Thursdays 10am – 1pm
9 sessions: 4 teaching, 4 tutorial sessions and 1 presentation – All sessions will be online
February 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th
March 3rd, 10th, 24th, 31st and April 7th
(no class on March 17th)
Cost: €595 member; €990 non-member (Skillnet funding applied)
Places are limited
Contact email@example.com to register your interest in this programme
This training is for anyone who needs to present data insights as part of their role
- engineers, finance, HR, technicians etc…
Students will be asked to bring a data project to the course that is a typical part of their role so the project is personal to each student.
It is also a great opportunity to learn what other companies are doing in this area.
While we’re aware that organisations use tools such as QlickView, Tableau or Excel;
this programme is not based on any system.
The purpose is to train participants who communicate insights from data,
regardless of what system they are pulling the data from,
to present that data clearly and effectively so that decisions can be made more easily.
The focus is on visual literacy
9-week online programme - comprising four teaching and four tutorial sessions plus one presentation
Each Thurs 10am – 1pm for nine weeks
There will be a specific time set aside to avail of tutorial advice, which can be done or via phone, Skype, email, etc. Tutorial times will be arranged in advance.
From applicants, we require current role title and a sentence or two on what they hope to gain from this course.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who communicates insights from data in their job, either in dashboards, reports or PowerPoint presentations.
- This course is ideal for those involved in the interpretation of data as well as the presentation of data in a wide variety of organisations including engineering and manufacturing.
- This course is a mix of talks and practical workshops on contemporary approaches to data visualisation.
- Each teaching session is 3 hours & also tutorials where advice is available to participants working on a self-initiated work based project.
- Participants will learn to create their own data and understand key theories in the interpretation of data visualisation.
Teaching sessions: Thursdays X 4 from 10am – 1pm
February 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th
The teaching sessions will be online webinars and include a combination of talks along with discussions and workshops – similar to last year. These will be recorded and available online for those who wish to view them later or can’t make the session. However, we would encourage all participants to engage online with the Thursday morning sessions as there will be an opportunity to ask questions and for them to set aside that time in the week for the course.
Project tutorial Sessions: Thursdays X 4 from 10am – 1pm
March 3rd, 10th, 24th & 31st
The project tutorial sessions are 15 mins in duration for each participant each week conducted via Zoom or MS Teams. As the overall time given is three hours in duration, a maximum of 12 can participate on the course at any one time.
Presentation Session: 10am – 1pm on Thursday, April 7th
Each participant will be given 15 mins to present their project via Zoom or MS Teams.
Feedback from 2020 Virtual Programme:
- I found the course to be interesting - lots of new information and sharing the projects that others completed was really helpful. Process Engineer
- This course was very beneficial to me for graphing information into key points using the correct graph type, colour, display layout and font. It was excellent in showing me how to present data to a senior team. Would highly recommend the course. The assignments each week got everyone working from the very beginning and thinking about what they could change the display better. Personnel Officer
- Would highly recommend the course and the tutor (Eamon) was very well able to transfer information and help all of us to understand the meaning and how to apply it. Systems Analyst
- This course was well delivered by Eamon. He gave me loads of help and tips to aid me with my assignments. I found this course very useful. It gave me great tips on knowing your audience. I got a good understanding about the importance of knowing the story that you are trying to tell. It also helped me think about how important font and colour is to your visualisations. I would recommend this course to anyone that uses data for business metrics and presents it out. Data Analyst