ICBE Advanced Productivity Skillnet Training
“Developing Effective Sponsors for Six-Sigma Projects”
Facilitated by Hakeem Hammad
18 – 21 of August 2020
Who Should Attend?
Change agent | Project sponsors | Black Belt/ MBB | Business Process Improvement Managers
Training delivery method & date:
This training programme will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams over 4 sessions as follows:
Tuesday 18 Aug: 2 pm – 5 pm
Wednesday 19 Aug: 2 pm – 5 pm
Thursday 20 Aug: 2 pm – 5 pm
Friday 21 Aug: 10 am – 1 pm
Places are limited and advance booking is essential.
Fees : Members €250 – Non-Members €500
Sponsors play a vital role in a successful six-sigma project implementation. They provide a significant support to project teams by removing various road blocks during the project cycle and ensure that the team is marching successfully towards the goal. Also they act as a bridge between the project team and organisation management. Without Sponsors, efforts can become entangled with internal obstacles, become misaligned with core business objectives, lose focus and track of time, and may not yield expected benefits.
This training is designed to enable you to be a successful sponsor and successfully support Six-Sigma DMAIC competence building across your organisation and ensure that projects successfully deliver results.
Upon completion of this training, as a sponsor you will gain in depth knowledge of the following:
- The importance of having an active project Sponsor
- Sponsor expectations from the project
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the sponsor
- Sponsor interaction with project team, process owner and project mentor
- How to select the right personnel to lead the project
- Project selection criteria
- What makes a good project charter
- Understand how a DMAIC project runs (steps, tools)
- Follow up a DMAIC project by asking the right set of questions at the tollgate reviews
- Understand the critical elements for sustaining the project results and momentum
Dr. Hakeem Hammad, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., SSMBB
Hakeem is an internationally recognized thought leader and expert in developing and implementing Operational Excellence programs with undisputed break-through results.
He is the founder of the Xi Horizons Consulting based in Limerick Ireland since 2010. Hakeem is a certified Six-Sigma Master Black Belt (Dell & Motorola) with great experience in training and coaching continuous improvement teams and executives over more than 25 countries.
He has more than 23 years of extensive global experience of leading Lean Transformations and Strategic Six Sigma deployment in Manufacturing, IT, Quality, Services, Supply Chains, Engineering, sales.