Grow Remote Conference growremote.ie
Tuesday, April 16th
Tubercurry, Co. Sligo
Cost: €48.90 Click here for tickets
Contact ICBE for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 061-423622
Half of the workforce is set to be remote by 2040. Grow Remote want to capitalise on this trend and pro-actively help companies hire. The more talent you enable to have the freedom on a place to live, the more opportunity our rural towns have.
Launched under the government’s first smart community project, the second Grow Remote event takes place from April 15th - April 17th.
A place where all chapter leads come together, it includes informal networking on Monday evening, a day of talks from international speakers, and another day of the best of activities Sligo tourism has to offer.
This time in Tubbercurry, Sligo with another amazing lineup of international speakers
- We’ve grown into 4 countries since our first event (including Chapters in Portugal, Spain and the US), we’ve knocked down information barriers and crowd sourced best guides to remote work
- In Ireland’s first smart community, we’re bringing it all together. Individuals, companies and communities are learning about the benefits of remote working and so can you
- It’s the perfect place to continue the conversation around remote working, and we can’t wait for you to join our other attendees, chapter leads, members and partners for this event. Be there as we educate, debate and connect on everything remote working. Don’t miss out, join the conversation!
The line up includes....
- Buffer - Marcus Wermuth
- Teamwork.com - Ryan Mesches
- EU Remote Jobs - Rachel Craig
- Workplaceless - Tammy Bjelland
- Bloomberg - Lorcan Roche Kelly, Markets Editor
- Rural Online Initiative - Laurel Farrer
- Nearform - Paul Savage
- Scrapinghub - Angela Piper
- 10:00 am - 10:10 am Opening Remarks - Joann Hosey, Provincial Director, Bank of Ireland, Dublin / Space: St Bridgids Hall, Tubercurry
- 10:10 am - 10:30 am Caring for our past as we work forward /Theme: Community
- 10:50 am - 11:30 am Panel: Building a remote company in Ireland, and hiring talent /Theme: Company Speakers: Scrapinghub, Wayfair & Shopify
- 10:30 am - 11:55 am BREAK
- 11:55 am - 12:35 pm How I've built an empowered team of fully distributed teammates /Theme: Company Speakers: Marcus Wermuth, Buffer
- 12:25 pm - 12:40 pm From Remote Worker to Remote Manager /Theme: Company/Towns Speaker: Ryan Mesches, Teamwork.com
- 12:40 pm - 1:10 pm Remote Lingua Franca: The Language of Distributed Work /Theme: Company/Towns Speaker: Tammy Bjelland, Workplaceless
- 1:10 pm - 1:40 pm If I can do it from a farm in Clare... /Theme: Community Speakers: Lorcan Roche Kelly, who works for Bloomberg
- 1:10 pm - 2:20 pm BREAK - LUNCH & NETWORKING
- 2:20 pm - 2:50 pm The 3 killers of remote work...and how to prevent them /Theme: Company Speakers: Laurel Farrer
- 2:50 pm - 3:15 pm Transforming ways of working in an older organisation /Theme: Company / Recruitment Speakers: Joanie Hughes, Bank of Ireland
- 3:15 pm - 3:40 pm Work Smarter, Live Better /Theme: Community Speakers: Tomas, Western Development Commission
- 3:40 pm - 3:50 pm Team Tubbercurry: Smart Communities /Theme: Community Speakers: Louise Kilbane
- 3:50 pm - 4:25 pm BREAK - Move Venue!
- 4:25 pm - 4:50 pm Culture in remote companies /Theme: Community Speakers: Cian Collins, Frankli Space: Street Venue 1
- 4:25 pm - 4:50 pm The types of roles that are remote / Theme: Community Speakers: LinkedIn Space: Street Venue 2
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm Why remote didn't work for us / Theme: Companies Space: Street Venue 3
- 4:45 pm - 5:30 pm Building a remote jobs board from Inishowen / Theme: Community Speakers: Rachel Craig
- 6:00 pm - AFTER PARTY / Theme: Community Speakers: LinkedIn Space: Street Venue 4
Click here to view updated deck on Grow Remote
Click link to view article - Ireland reveals Smart Community initiative in Tubbercurry - Silicon Republic
Click link to view article - Working Remotely to Sustain Rural Communities - Forbes