Date: 9.30am – 4.30pm Thursday, May 16th
Cost: €195 Members; €250 Non Members – per person (Skillnets funding applied)
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Have a greater understanding of effective communication skills
- Use their body language effectively
- Feel more confident asserting themselves
- Be equipped with tools to deal with different situations
- Be enabled with some tips on how to influence
- Have practical ways to implement these techniques in their role
Value of this workshop/skills that will be learned & practiced:
Every job requires you to influence people on a day to day basis. Influencing can take the form of gaining support, inspiring others, persuading other people to become your champions, engaging someone’s imagination and creating relationships. Whatever form it takes, being an excellent influencer is essential for your career. At its most basic level, influencing is about understanding yourself and the effect or impact you have on others.
Sometime the most obvious things are oblivious to us. This session starts off with an awareness of our own strengths and weaknesses in this area. We then focus on how to use our own style to deal with others more effectively. The session is very practical and interactive and repeat feedback from this course indicates that participants take away key tips and tools on how to communicate and influence more effectively in work.
- Effective communication skills
- Knowing your own style: Strengths and weaknesses
- Dealing with difficult people, situations & behaviours
- How to communicate with different personality types at work
- Body language
- Gaining and Retaining Influence
- Creating a first and lasting impression
- How to make an Impact
- Confidence and Presence
- Overcoming rejections
- Actions and learnings to take back to work
Training Provider: Neil Curran – Lower The Tone
Neil Curran specialises in the areas of Team Building & Collaboration, Effective Team Development, Public Speaking & Presenting, Executive Presence, Effective Communication & Influencing, Creativity & Innovation,
Spontaneity, Confidence Coaching, Leadership, Dealing with Change, Improvisation Skills in
Business. Neil regularly provides thought leadership in his field.
Neil has 20 years of management and corporate experience in an international context. He has led teams throughout his career having held a senior leadership position in the Irish subsidiary of a multinational organisation.