We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of free places for jobseekers on our network programmes subject to funding being available
Date: September 21st
Cost: €245 pp
This course is designed for anyone who is involved in the interviewing process, at initial intake, and or internal promotion interviewing stages. It is designed to direct participants through the different stages of the selection process. It will also ensure that they have the ability to score and evaluate candidates in assisting them in making confident recruitment decisions. Participants will essentially ‘learn by doing’. Feedback from fellow participants and the trainer will suggest strengths and development areas. Receiving continuous opportunities to practice acquired skills provides a tangible measure of progress, and builds confidence for conducting interviews in the future.
The training methods employed will centre on developing a highly interactive environment where participants will learn through a combination of short presentations, interactive discussion, individual / group exercises and role-plays structured within a ‘safe’ learning environment.
Participants can also prepare by becoming familiar with the job descriptions and person specifications of the jobs they normally interview for and also being aware of the interview system already in place in their Company.
Each participant will complete their own Personal Learning and Action Plan at the end of the course.
- Ensure a more professional approach to staff selection
- Develop an approach to devising the structured interview, ensuring clear guidelines and methods are in place
- Review and update categories of questions; including competency-based questions
- Understand the key aspects of employment law within an interview
- Develop confidence in note taking and selection decisions
This course is designed for anyone who is involved in the interviewing process, at initial intake, and or internal promotion interviewing stages. It is designed to direct participants through the different stages of the selection process.
This is the content for our 2 day training programme. During your briefing call with the trainer in advance of training, you will discuss your specific requirement. Your one day course will be tailor-made to incorporate your priorities/ focus.
- Job & Person Specification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Competency–Based Approach
- Isolating Job-specific competencies, Designing and Asking Competency-Based Questions
- Conducting the Interview
- Timing and Environment of the Interview
- Interviewing Techniques: (Format / Rapport / Active Listening / Perceptions – Halo Effect/ Body Language/ Non-verbal Communication / Assertiveness)
- Questioning Techniques – (Open / Closed / Hypothetical / Probing challenging candidates)
Closing the Interview
- Post Interview
- Writing up the Interview
- Evaluating the Candidate
- Communicating at the interview – What are the difficulties?
- General principles of interviewing, approach, preparation, structure and reporting
- Questioning techniques, listening skills
- Body language
- Disciplinary interviews and grievances – Preparation, conduct and follow-up
- Discipline, appraisal and exit interviews
Introduction to Labour Law
Trainer Profile Qualification & Relevant Experience
Barbara has over 15 years’ experience in the development and delivery of a wide range of business skills courses. She brings to this her twenty years knowledge and experience gained within industry along with the knowledge she has acquired through research and study for her Primary Degree, Post Graduate Diplomas and Masters in Business.
Barbara has worked as a consultant trainer with Irish Times Training for the past five years. Her specific areas of expertise include leadership, sales, negotiation, personal development, team building and executive coaching.
Some of the projects Barbara has worked on include delivering training and coaching within the Car Rental Industry, Advertising/Publishing Industry, Insurance and Banking Industries. Barbara has also worked in various sections of the public sector, The HSE, Leinster House and Dublin County Council, customising and delivering programmes to suit individual needs. Barbara works on a consultative level with many clients assessing current team performance, putting training/coaching/monitoring programmes together to ensure maximum results are achieved. Barbaras’ programmes are challenging, highly interactive and rooted in real, practical application.
Barbara who is a FAS approved trainer, has a BA (Hons) degree from UCD, and a Masters of Business from UCC. She holds an Associate and Licentiate Diploma from the Irish Board of Speech & Drama and a Cert from Maynooth University in Training & Continuing Education. Barbara is a qualified ‘Executive & Business Coach’ and a Certified Practitioner in N.L.P. who is certified to administer a number of psychometric testing tools such as: Myers-Briggs, EQ-I (Emotional Intelligence), and Enneagram.
Courses Delivered for Irish Times Training include:
- Influencing & Persuading
- Negotiation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Interviewing Skills