Duration Two day training programme
Course Times 9.00am - 5.00pm
Public Price €595 (includes course documentation, lunch and refreshments)
Accreditation Fees €30 (CQI IRCA Course Certification)
Total Public Price €625 - Aviation Skillnet funding €500
The ISO 9000 series of standards require that an organisation conduct internal quality audits to determine the effectiveness of its quality system. Auditors carrying out these internal audits need to understand the purpose of ISO 9001 and the process approach to auditing to enable them to add-value during the audit process.
Thousands of internal audits are performed each year providing little internal business benefit. This course focuses on auditing Quality Systems for real quality improvement and performance rather than just conformance.
This two-day course provides delegates with the skills necessary to be an effective internal auditor.
What are the entry requirements?
CQI IRCA recommends all delegates have the following prior knowledge:
- Understand the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle
- A basic knowledge of the concepts of quality management and the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Understand commonly used quality management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 9000
- An understanding of the requirements of ISO 9001, which may be gained by completing an CQI IRCA-certified QMS Foundation training course or equivalent.
This prior knowledge may be gained by completing an SQT ISO 9001:2015 Foundation (QMS) training course or equivalent.
- Introduction to Quality Systems
- PDCA and Process-based QMS
- Risk-based thinking & the Process Approach
- The QMS Audit Process
- Competencies and responsibilities of internal auditors
- Audit Preparation - pre-audit activities
- Audit checklists
- Conducting the audit – gathering evidence
- Interview techniques/questioning skills
- Reporting the audit and follow-up
- Corrective action
If you have access to a copy of ISO 9001, please bring a copy of the standard with you. If you don’t have access, a copy will be provided for you and will be collected at the end of the course.
Who Should Attend?
- Any person with responsibility for conducting internal QMS audits
- Departmental managers and supervisory staff
- Quality Managers, quality engineers and supervisory staff
- Staff with responsibility for designing and implementing quality systems
- Personnel responsible for supplier / external audits
For applicants whose first language is not English, SQT recommends a minimum English language competency of IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) for successful completion of this programme. It is important to note that learners are not expected to have an IELTS or equivalent examination complete. Potential delegates are expected to self-assess their English language competency against the IELTS Band scores which can be found in this document.
What will I learn?
Participants achieve the following learning outcomes from the programme:
- Describe the responsibilities of an internal auditor and describe the role of internal auditing in the maintenance and improvement of management systems.
- Describe with reference to the Plan, Do Check, Act (PDCA) cycle and the Model of a Process-based Quality Management System, the purpose of ISO 9001.
- Plan, conduct and report and follow-up an internal QMS audit as part of quality management system in accordance with ISO 19011.
Expert Course Tutors - Profile & Testimonials
This Programme (PT236) is presented by Antaris (01185832)
This course has been certified by CQI IRCA, course certificate number 17985. The International Register of Certificated Auditors (CQI IRCA) is the world's original and largest international certification body for auditors of management systems.
Further information regarding accreditation is available here.
How will I be Assessed
A variety of exercises will be carried out throughout the course using role-plays, case studies and sample documentation. Delegates are assessed throughout the course by continual assessment. Continual assessment is based upon the student’s participation and performance during the exercises, role-plays and question & answer sessions. It is essential that delegates take an active part in all course activities during the course in order that the tutor can make a full assessment of the student’s performance. Please note it is essential for delegates to be in attendance for the full course.
For In-House courses, the tutor will contact you in advance to discuss the course programme in more detail in order to tailor it specifically for your organisation. Course exercises can be carried out using the company’s own quality system culminating in a supervised internal audit.
Delegates will receive a very comprehensive course manual.
For more information on Skillnet Ireland, please visit www.skillnetireland.ie