Event Title: Managing Effective Meetings
Date: 19th and 20th October, 2020 ( 2 x half day sessions)
Cost: €125 pp with Skillnet funding applied
To book a place email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is designed for individuals who want to develop a more productive style when chairing meetings. Participants will be given tools to enable them to make better decisions, achieve greater participation, support trusted communication channels and enhance motivation by managing the meeting process more effectively.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals responsible for Chairing Meetings in a professional or voluntary capacity and who want to be more effective in their role.
- The chairperson’s role before, during and after a meeting
- Preparing and drafting effective agendas
- Listening and questioning
- Manage challenging people and situations more constructively
- Assigning tasks and responsibilities
- Sequencing the steps to get to decisions and resolve issues
- Clarify the remit of your meeting role
- Devise a charter of expectations for meetings, tailored agendas
- Learn to make more decisions at meetings
- Use communication techniques to facilitate productive discussion
- Achieve greater consensus and support positive dissent
Irish Times Training has been in the professional development and education business for over 40 years. As a subsidiary of The Irish Times, they work with a broad range of people and organisations to deliver the highest quality training in Business, Management, Digital Marketing, Personal Development & Executive Education programmes. Training delivered is thought provoking, challenging, interesting and exciting, equipping participants with the skills and knowledge to make real change in their organisation.