1 DAY - 9.30am - 5pm
Wednesday, March, 13th 2019
Maldron Hotel, Galway
COST: Member €145.00 / Non Member €245.00
Learn how to achieve successful outcomes as a facilitator of various types of meetings
This programme is designed to provide a grounding in the use of facilitation skills and techniques in an organisational setting, with a particular focus on meetings of various forms. Participants will gain sufficient knowledge and practical skills to design and run high quality facilitated workshops and meetings to ensure they achieve successful outcomes in a timely manner.
Apologies for the mistake.
At the end of this programme, participants will understand what makes for successful facilitated meeting and be able to demonstrate an ability to conduct a facilitated meeting session. In particular participants will learn and practice how to
- Plan a facilitated meeting
- Manage the meeting to achieve the purpose, keep to the agenda, handle typical situations that arise in meetings
- Facilitation techniques including brainstorming
- Facilitation - an overview
- What it is and where it is useful
- How it differs from other styles
- Meeting Design & Preparation
- About meetings
- Contracting with owner
- Understanding expected outcomes
- Developing focus questions
- Planning the Meeting
- Conducting a Facilitated Meeting
- Starting the meeting
- Techniques for maintaining focus, enabling and keep engagement and staying on point
- Managing typical meeting behaviours
- Closing the meeting
- Techniques of Facilitation of Meetings
- Techniques including brainstorming, problem solving, toolkits
- Meeting Facilitation in Practice
Training Provider: Invisio
Louise Mc Namara has extensive operational, human resource and general management experience in a variety of organisations as well as several years consulting, training and facilitating in organisations around the world.
As an experienced facilitator, Louise has worked with clients in the crucial areas of Organisational Planning and Vision & Mission development. She has worked closely with the university sector, one of the top legal firms in Ireland and a number of organisations in the financial sector. Working on new business set-ups she has consulted in the areas of Human Resources and Training and Development and is highly regarded in these fields. Louise’s role within Invisio involves working in Ireland, Europe, Asia, Africa and the U.S.
Bringing a client to new levels of awareness, instilling lasting changes in behaviour and thinking through Business and Executive Coaching, are challenges enjoyed by Louise. Coaching helps the client focus on actions that lead to results and consequently is proving increasingly popular as business leaders strive to seek competitive advantage.
Louise has a Masters in Organisational Behaviour with Trinity College Dublin / IMI, achieving an Outstanding Academic Achievement Award.