PRACTICAL PRODUCTIVITY USING MS OUTLOOK (ONLINE)
3 x 1.5 HOUR WEBINARS
Webinars can be spread over different days/weeks to suit your needs
Cost: €480 for 20 people (Skillnet funding applied)
We are delighted to be able to offer 50% funding from the Skillnet COVID-19 Response Fund for this program
These online webinars have been designed to replace classroom-based training whilst people are required to work from home. Participants have the option of either attending the live webinars at the scheduled date and time or alternatively can view a recording of the webinar at a time that suits them. Recordings will be available for 6 months after completion and a link to the recording will be sent to all participants following the live webinar along with all relevant course files – exercises, user reference guides etc. A trainer will be on hand via email to answer any queries or questions that might arise following the training.
PRACTICAL PRODUCTIVITY USING OUTLOOK – DON’T LET E-MAIL CONTROL YOUR DAY
- Would you like to have an empty inbox at the end of each day?
- Would you like to schedule realistic days and never have to worry about forgetting to do or follow-up on a piece of work?
- Would you like have an organised system that will help you work more effectively on a daily basis?
The “Practical Productivity” training course will provide participants with a totally practical and workable solution to managing their workload and time more effectively.
This is not a standard Time Management training course. Although we cover ‘Time Management Best Practice’ at the beginning of the day, unless there is a practical way of actually applying that theory, it is just that – ‘Theory’. Therefore, the emphasis of the day is on the practical application of that theory using Microsoft Outlook as the tool.
Do not let e-mail control your day – instead you can take control through the customisation of MS Outlook and by using various features & tools within Outlook. Learn how to prioritise, set, manage and achieve realistic goals & tasks you set for yourself. Learn how to share information with other users and work more effectively as a group.
This program has been designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and competencies to effectively use Outlook as your organisational tool.
Anyone who feels overwhelmed by email and workload and believes that…. “There aren’t enough hours in the day”. For those who would like a practical solution that can immediately be implemented on return to the office.
All participants should have a working knowledge of MS Outlook.
FOLLOW-UP 1-1 IMPLEMENTATION (Optional)
Following the training course, there is an option of having some 1-1 training in order to ensure that the content of the course is actually being implemented in the workplace. These 1-1 sessions can either take place on the phone, or preferably at the person’s desk and of a1 hour duration. There is an additional charge for this service so you can decide yourself if you would like to avail of it or not.
PPO 1: ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND SHORTCUTS
- Time Management Principles
- Take control of your day / workload
- Work proactively to be effective
- Setting Goals & Prioritising – Important vs. Urgent
- A process that will work for you – The 4 D’s
- Plan, manage interruptions, overcome procrastination
- Work Smarter – Communicate & Delegate
- Identify your Time Stealers
- Top 10 – Time Management Best Practices
Customising Outlook in order to use it more effectively as a time management tool
- Uncluttering Mail View
- Changing calendar, contacts, tasks views
- Changing some default options allowing you to work more productively
PPO 2: MS OUTLOOK – SHORTCUTS /ESSENTIALS WORKING WITH TASKS
- Review the customisation of MS Outlook
- MS Outlook shortcut keys
- Navigate / Forward / Reply
- Working with attachments
- Creating and working with signatures
- Creating and working with Quick Parts
- Creating and working with Quick Steps
- The 4 D’s
Working with Tasks
- Creating Tasks
- Re-dating Tasks
- Working with bigger tasks
- Recurring Tasks
- Completing Tasks
Creating a logical folder structure for storing / managing email
- Creating tasks directly from an email
- Grouping related work
- Delegating and following up on time
- Categorising tasks / Viewing tasks by category
- Planning realistic days
- Empty your Inbox
PPO 3: CALENDAR / CONTACTS / RULES
INTRODUCING THE TO DO APP
- Review the main points already covered on PPO 1 and PPO 2
Working with the calendar
- Creating, editing, moving calendar entries
- Recurring entries
- Meeting invitations
- Colour coding
- Sharing your calendar and accessing other calendars
- Printing your calendar
Working with People / Contacts
- Creating Contacts and Groups
- Gathering contact information directly from an email
Creating and working with Rules and Alerts
Introducing the ‘To-Do’ App – View and synchronise your Outlook tasks on your mobile phone
eBridge Training e-bridge.ie