DATES: December 21st
TIME: 9am - 5pm
COST: €150 per member / €225 non member
People are an organisation’s most valuable asset. Well trained people can massively leverage performance in your organisation plus ensure that understanding, knowledge and skills are passed on in a consistent and systematic way, leading to greater employee confidence and a positive customer experience. Becoming a trainer is not just about being an expert in a particular field, it requires an insight into how others learn and being able to impart information and teach a skill in a way that is simple and easy to understand, yet essentially meeting the standards required within your organisation. For this good communication skills is essential as is the ability to assess how your learners are doing be it in a group or one to one. Our unique Train the Trainer programme will help you understand and experience the skills needed in training others successfully in a dynamic, multi-sensory format that will dramatically accelerate acquisition and application of knowledge.
On successful completion of this training course, you will:
- Have good understanding and appreciation for how adults learn best in a work environment
- Understand the best approach to instruct and transfer knowledge effectively and consistently in a practical work setting
- Understand and apply different techniques and processes for training different types of topics
- Understand and be able to demonstrate the process for acquiring knowledge and skill within their work environment
- Know the communication process and be able to communicate effectively and confidently with learners
- Be able to assess different challenges to learning and difficult learning situations and apply techniques to deal with these
- Understand and be able to assess/validate learners in both knowledge and skill
- Understand and apply a process for evaluating your own performance as a trainer
- Theory input, reflection and facilitated discussion on how adults learn best in the work environment, including individual learning style assessment.
- Determine, through group work and facilitated discussion the best approach from a number of models of training proposed. Learner will then carry out practical exercises with peers firstly in the classroom to develop safety and confidence, working towards work based training to develop skill and embed the knowledge
- Based on specific work environment, learners will receive theory input, have an opportunity for reflection, which will cumulate in building a learning intervention which learners will create themselves on what approach works best to ensure consistency when training others.
- Facilitated discussion and reflection around best practise in communicating effectively in the context of what works best in their organisation. Skills practise using new skills with tutor and peer observation and feedback. Skills practise to embed the learning focusing on effective communication.
- Introduction to best practise in relation to assessment/validation with practical exercises around what works best within their specific job roles in their work environment.
- Group reflection on possible challenging situations, theory input and recommendation on how best to approach dealing with these including when to seek support from the relevant person or department in a timely manner.
- Theory input and group exercises around how best to self-evaluate and develop self awareness for personal development and to support others.
- Group/sub group discussion on how to self-evaluate and development of self-evaluation process and agreed actions around this and follow up reflective practise based on next steps.
- Appreciate and be able to give and ask for feedback and apply this to a process of “continuous improvement of training”.
Trainer Profile Qualification & Relevant Experience