Start date: 19 February 2020
Duration: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Location: Bausch & Lomb Ireland 24/425, Cork Road Industrial Estate Cork Rd, Waterford
Cost: Cost: Member cost €1000 per person Non Member €1425
Course code: 2263
This two-day workshop integrates classroom and on-site experiences at a host facility to build upon the knowledge and experience gained in the DISCOVER workshop, and focuses on the Systems and Tools diamonds in the Shingo Model. It begins by explaining that all work in an organization is the outcome of a system. Systems must be designed to create a specific end objective; otherwise, they evolve on their own. Systems drive the behavior of people, and variation in behavior leads to variation in results. Organizational excellence requires well-designed systems to drive ideal behaviors that are required to produce sustainable results.
EXPLORE five required tools for building an effective system.
LEARN how to create and use system maps for each system type
Who is the course for
Prior completion of the Shingo Discover Excellence workshop would be an advantage.
In this workshop, you will:
- DISCOVER three types of essential systems.
- EXPLORE five required tools for building an effective system.
- LEARN how to create and use system maps for each system type
- UNDERSTAND the responsibilities of a system
- Go and observe actual systems
- UNDERSTAND system standard work and how it drives improvement.
- UNDERSTAND how systems drive cultural transformation
Dr. Hakeem Hammad, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., SSMBB
Hakeem is an internationally recognized thought leader and expert in developing and implementing Operational Excellence programs with undisputed break-through results.
He is the founder of the Xi Horizons Consulting, based in Limerick Ireland since 2010 (www.xi-horizons.com)