What we do
The ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet has an active networking community that promotes collaboration and sharing of knowledge and best practice across the group.
We develop new programmes in line with member company needs and organise seminars/ conferences and workshops that are innovative, relevant, flexible and adaptable to our member company needs.
Some key activities include:
- Come|See|Learn and Tell Best Practice Company Visits
- Industry led courses
- Knowledge Sharing Network
- Call for Support
- Assist businesses to identify and address their skills needs
- Information regarding successful approaches to learning and talent development
- Flexible training programmes tailored to the needs of businesses in the region
- Guidance on achieving value for money when investing in learning and development
- Innovative new programme design and development
- Programmes for current and future leaders
- Certified and non-certified technical training
- Training relating to communication, teamwork, problem-solving and other core skills
- Advice on gauging the effectiveness of training
- Access to a network of businesses within the region
- Conferences, seminars, and other informal learning and networking events
Through the structures of the Irish Centre for Business Excellence the ICBE Business Excellence Network aims to:
- Focus on providing efficient and effective enterprise-led training and networking opportunities for companies
- Develop their workforce skills and talent so they are prepared for the political, technological and competitive risks that are already here and for the future.
Enhancing management capacity, particularly in SMEs, is key priority for all Skillnet Ireland networks. In addition to the programmes our network delivers, Skillnet Ireland has a suite of Management Development Programmes available to help business owners and managers improve business performance and enable businesses achieve better results. Click here for more information on the Skillnet Ireland website.
ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet focusses on supporting those in employment within the manufacturing and service sector. A number of other Skillnet Networks participate in the Skillnet Ireland Employment Activation programme. This initiative is designed exclusively for unemployed people and includes free training in skills in demand by companies combined with direct access to employers through meaningful work placements.
For further information on Skillnet Networks offering free training programmes for those seeking employment, subject to eligibility criteria, see the Skillnet Ireland website.