Innovation Leadership and TransformationBack to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 26 May 2021
- Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
New Training Programme
The design of this programme has been informed by industry research and international best practice. The course combines innovation leadership training with bespoke coaching that will empower participants to deliver personal and organisational impact in addition to accelerating their career development. The World Economic Forum sets out three critical skills for continuous competitive advantage: innovation, active learning and complex problem-solving. Participants on this programme will have the opportunity to acquire these skills to future-proof their careers.
Specifically, this programme is designed for mid-senior executives and will enable them to:
- Acquire the tools to plan, deliver and manage an innovation action plan for their organisation or division.
- Lead out on innovation activities with purpose and clarity and be ambassadors for innovation within their organisation.
- Foster a culture of innovation with remote teams and adapt to changing work practices and environments.
- Develop a positive approach to leadership and organisational change, through Appreciative Inquiry, where the focus of change builds on existing strengths.
This programme will empower individuals with the confidence and agility to lead out on innovation within organisations and teams through necessary change and to innovatively respond to opportunities and challenges brought about by COVID-19, rapid advancements in technology, new ways of working and ever-increasing market demands.
It is particularly suited to ambitious professionals responsible for teams or business units. It will also benefit those who wish to build innovation capability within their organisation.
Run by Tangent and funded by ICBE Advanced Productivity Skillnet. Programme starts 26 May 2021. For more details and to reserve a place, visit:
Structure of Programme:
31 hours over the course of 4 weeks.
Each session is 7 hours.
4 x sessions:
- Session 1: Developing Innovation Leadership, May 26 and May 28
- Session 2: Inspiring Creative Collaboration, June 2 and June 4
- Session 3: Design Thinking for Strategy, June 9 and June 11
- Session 4: Effective and Impactful Communication, June 16 - full day
Sessions 1-3 will be held from 9:30am till 1pm.
Session 4 will be held from 9:30am till 5pm.
Week commencing 24 May and week commencing 21 June. 2 x 1.5 hour sessions by appointment.
- ICBE Skillnet funding may be available for participants.
Webinar Overview :
In the Webinar, the panel shared experiences, insights and recommendations on the 5 imperatives of future leadership success to help businesses respond, pivot and grow through change:
- A Design Mindset.
- An Ambassador for Change.
- Collaboration & Co-Creation.
- Paving The Way.
- Navigation & Agility.
- Padraic Broderick, Transitions University Global Manager
- Ken Finnegan, CEO, Tangent, Trinity’s Ideas Workspace
- Louise Andrews, Programme Manager and Leadership Coach, Tangent, Trinity's Ideas Workspace
- Jonathan Bannister FRSA, Facilitator, Strategist and Design Thinker & Facilitator at Tangent’s Innovation Leadership & Transformation programme