Building Mental Toughness: Half Day WorkshopBack to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 24 Feb 2022
- Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Location: online
- Cost: €45.00 – €85.00
Cost: €45 member; €85 non member (per person)
Skillnet funding applied
Following very positive feedback from previous Mental Toughness programmes, we are delighted that Lorna is back
with a half-day virtual workshop via Zoom
Participants will develop a rich understanding of what Mental Toughness is and how to apply it to everyday life to increase well-being and performance in themselves and others.
The workshop is founded on AQR’s Mental Toughness research and validated Psychometric.
It explores the 4 C’s of Mental Toughness
Control | Commitment | Confidence | Challenge
in a fun, practical, and interactive way
Places limited to 12 persons, on a first come first served basis.
Feedback from previous programmes:
- I really enjoyed the course; I particularly enjoyed the exercises such as the wheel of life. I think the smaller class made it a lot more engaging. The course was not rushed in any way and all questions were answered freely. I would highly recommend this for anyone as I feel you can use it both in your personal and work life.
- Lorna was an incredible trainer who even through the remote medium, connected with the group. A great session which I would highly recommend – useful tools for immediate use! I am already trying to get my husband to think about signing up.
- Found the course very informative. Well presented by Lorna. Breakout groups worked well.
- The workshop was very interactive – I really enjoyed the tasks Lorna got us to do and the discussions with the rest of the group. It was easy to stay interested as the trainer was brilliant at keeping everyone engaged.
- This course was just excellent, I could not recommend it highly enough. It completely surpassed my expectations. I hope we get sent the notes as promised as I want to print out and frame a few of the slides to remind me of what I learned. I wish I had done this course years ago and Lorna was an excellent presenter, so knowledgeable but accessible and just the right mix of interaction with her presentation.
Lorna Lawless, Coaching Psychologist, will give us an in depth look into Mental Toughness, presenting an understanding of how these psychological skills bring us beyond resilience and survival mode - enabling us, our teams and our colleagues to thrive through the Covid-19 Pandemic.
This will be a highly practical and interactive workshop. You will develop a rich understanding of Mental Toughness and learn how to identify and work with both mental toughness and mental sensitivities in yourself and others. Importantly, you will come away with practical strategies you can apply to everyday life to feel more in control, empowered, and motivated to take on life, no matter what comes your way.
Lorna Lawless is a Coaching Psychologist. She holds a first-class honours M.A. in Coaching Psychology from University College Cork and a BSc in Psychology from the Open University. She is a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council and Secretary of the Coaching Psychology Special Interest Group for The Psychological Society of Ireland.
Lorna uses the Mental Toughness framework to signpost the developmental needs of her clients, as well as evidencing the impact of her work. It was a fundamental aspect of her work with high performance elite sports men and women, where she provides mental toughness coaching to assist her clients to complete with the required intensity.
In addition to Mental Toughness, Lorna also specialises in Emotional Intelligence and Flow states. This combination of expertise provides her with a thorough understanding of the psychology of high performance. She has presented her research on emotional intelligence and mental toughness at international conferences.