Data Literacy Level 1 – Business Support FunctionsBack to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 26 Oct 2020
- Duration: 3 Days Over 3 Weeks
- Location: online
- Cost: $795 – $1100
Data Literacy Level 1 – Business Support Functions
(e.g. Finance, HR, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Procurement …)
Start date: Monday, October 26th
Duration: 3 days over 3 weeks
Cost of Level 1 program: €795 Member; €1,100 Non Member (per person) Skillnet funding applied.
Increase your organisation’s overall data literacy and data analytics maturity level
- Module 1: Introduction to Modern Data Services & Business Analytics
- Module 2: Data Analytics Collaboration & Lifecycle
- Module 3: Modern Data Architecture & Technology
- Module 4: Review of Data and PowerBI
- Module 5: Advanced Analytics – Theory & Methods
- Module 6: Putting it all Together
Week 1: 7 online lectures of 60 to 90 minutes (Estimate 8.5 hours/student time)
Week 2: Two Master online mentoring sessions of 60 minutes each
Mentoring sessions are at a class level (Estimate 8 hours student effort)
Week 3: One Master online mentoring session of 60 minutes
Online presentation of project results (Estimate 8 hours student effort)
- Understand the type of business questions that are increasingly being answered by Data Analytics platforms and tools that can add value to your organisation
- Understand the strategic value of using data for decision-making in business
- Understand how to harness the latest data architectures used in providing the required data to analytics systems to answer the business questions relative to the new industry 4.0 era
- Be able to apply the latest analytic techniques, tools and algorithms in the market to speed up the harnessing of data for business advantage
Training Provider: Dave Clarke, Clarke Analytics clarkeanalytics.com
ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet and ICBE Advanced Productivity Skillnet commissioned Clarke Analytics to design, develop and deliver a series of Data Literacy Programmes at Fundamental, Intermediate and Advanced Levels – Levels 1, 2 and 3.
The courses are designed for professionals in non-data functions to actively understand and interact with data. There is a strong emphasis throughout the courses on how to integrate data into day to day business decisions as well as long-term strategic planning. The key emphasis is on understanding, interpreting and communicating the outputs to/from data analysts and scientists. It would also allow participants to articulate their specific data needs to the relevant data function.
Key Course Differentiation:
The new cross-functional collaboration requirements of modern data initiatives are fully supported in these courses with collaborative workspaces and team exercises. The course has a mixture of business content, data content and a collaborative project to ensure worthwhile learnings for participants.
The course is reinforced with real business cases and uses case project work to demonstrate the importance of collaboration across an organisation.
Tailored for industry, utilising real-life industry data sets, the purpose of this Data Literacy training is to build a learning path for non-IT professionals in Data Analytics.
There are 2 Streams of this program – to help people in all parts of your organisation speak the same language while building organisational data literacy & becoming a data-driven organisation
- ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet | Data Literacy for Business Support Functions, Level 1 – Starts October 26th, 2020
- ICBE Advanced Productivity Skillnet | Data Literacy for Manufacturing/Operations/Engineering Functions, Level 1 – Starts October 5th, 2020
The Level 2 programs are due to be scheduled in the first half of 2021