Masters in Engineering Practice | University of LimerickBack to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 1 Sep 2023
- Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
MSc Engineering Practice
Course Start Date: September
Duration: 1 year
Award: Masters (MSc) | Qualification: NFQ Level 9 Major Award
Funded cost with 25% Aviation Skillnet funding applied: €3,527 p.a
The Masters in Engineering Practice is a new and innovative Masters Programme offered by the School of Engineering at the University of Limerick. This programme is attractive to our industry learners as it provides a flexible way to combine previous studies i.e. Two Professional Diplomas with a thesis to receive a Masters in Engineering Practice award.
If you are looking to progress your career and participate on an academic programme that will enable you develop your problem-solving skills as well as build on your strengths from your previous qualifications, then the Masters in Engineering practice is a programme for you. This programme aims through a one-year thesis deliverable to give you an opportunity to produce a significant piece of research and practical work that is industry focused.
This programme is attractive to our industry learners as it provides a flexible way to combine previous studies i.e. Two Professional Diplomas, one which must have been completed within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, with a thesis to receive a Masters in Engineering Practice award.
Through the medium of online learning, learners will develop very quickly an active online learning environment where they are supported by their academic supervisor during the thesis proposal phase right up to the final presentation of their work.
There is a strong focus on engagement and collaboration with fellow learners and the different industries during the thesis phase. The introduction of an Industry Thesis Champion who acts as a mentor for the learner provides the programme continued support from leading experts in engineering disciplines. Ensuring that there continues to be a focus on current practice, and leading-edge research on the programme.
Linking our learners with the practice of engineering both at technical and management level will produce graduates who are employable at leadership roles within their organisations.
If you have completed two Professional Diplomas at Level 9 in areas such as:
- Operations Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analytics
- Supply Chain
- Health & Safety
- Regulatory Affairs
You may have an interest in combining your two professional diplomas and continue to focus your area of interest with a dedicated research thesis to improve engineering practices at your organisation.
Why do this course?
This programme will offer you the learner:-
- A flexible way to combine your previous two Professional Diploma awards with a thesis to receive a Masters in Engineering Practice
- A dedicated online learning space to work with academics and fellow learners on developing your thesis proposal and produce a final written academic report
- An opportunity to present at various stages your work to date and engage in a Q&A style session with a team of academics and invited experts
- A deeper understanding of engineering practices by researching specific areas of interest
- An environment to work with other learners who are establishing what current practice is in various engineering practices and sharing this knowledge in a dedicated space
- Further opportunities to disseminate your work and exploit your current research
For more information on the programme or to make an application go to : https://www.ul.ie/gps/engineering-practice-msc
Closing Date for applications : 4th August 2023
For information on funding eligibility contact email@example.com.