Mentoring and Coaching Skills – Professional Development SeriesBack to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 24 May 2023
- Time: 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Location: online
Mentoring and Coaching Skills:
Facilitating Performance through High Impact Conversations
for people managers / leaders
those who wish to build on their communication and influencing skills
4 x 2-hour Online Sessions via Zoom – Professional Development Series
9:30am - 11:30am Wednesdays 24th & 31st May + 14th & 21st June
(no session week of June bank holiday)
€125 Members / €195 Non Members (per person)
Skillnet funding applied
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place/s
Mentoring and Coaching are increasingly being recognised as important development tools to support professional learning and growth. Business Leaders and Managers can significantly increase employee and stakeholder engagement, motivate people to take responsibility and reach important goals and milestones by learning the skills and language of Mentoring and Coaching.
Mentoring and Coaching dialogue turns experiences into learning. This programme offers the core skills and knowledge required to engage in facilitative and powerful results-focused conversations.
On completion of the programme participants will:
- Understand the differences between coaching and mentoring and the power of a combined approach
- Know how to structure a Mentoring/Coaching session
- Be in a position to adopt a Mentoring and Coaching Style of conversation formally and informally at work
- Learn the skills of mentoring and coaching such as listening, questioning, goal setting and gaining commitment
- Be familiar with and have practiced a set of practical Mentoring and Coaching approaches and Tools
- Know when to Mentor/Coach and when to refer
- Understand and implement the 'power of a positive focus'
- Understand the concept of Feedforward and how to take a Strengths Approach
- What is Mentoring and Coaching: differences and power of a combined approach
- Benefits of Mentoring and Coaching in the workplace
- What happens in a Mentoring/Coaching session & Confidentiality
- Core Skills 1: Listening Skills
- Coaching Tool 1
- Establishing the relationship: Contracting and preparation
- Core Skills 2: Powerful Questions
- Coaching Tool 2
- Goal Setting
- Inspiring action
- Coaching Tool 3
- Strengths-based Coaching
- Feedback and feedforward
- Power of a Positive Approach
Facilitated by Jane Perry CZoneCoaching.ie
Jane is an Organisational Psychologist, Advanced Practitioner Leadership Coach and Management Development Consultant. She specialises in Positive Leadership, Conflict management, Culture, Behaviour at work and Individual and Team Resilience and Effectiveness. She has the practical management experience of 25 years in Sales Management and six years as a self-employed Coach and Consultant, working with a broad range of organisations across the public and Private Sectors.
When working in the Conflict Management space, Jane works with individuals, teams and sometimes entire organisations in conflict. Her work is focused on resolution and reconciliation so that people can rebuild and sustain respectful and constructive working relationships.
In addition to running Leadership Programmes and coaching, she also delivers Management Development programmes for Ibec and tutors with one of Dublin’s training and development institutions, on their Leadership and Executive Coaching Programme. Her academic background is in Psychology - with an MSc in Positive Psychology and a PG Diploma in Constructivist Psychotherapy.