Leadership Coaching Essentials – Get the best from yourself and your peopleBack to Training
- Date: 20 Jun - 28 Jun 2023
- Duration: 4 Days over 2 Weeks
- Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Location: online
9am - 1pm X 4 dates (Tues/Weds) June 20/21 + 27/28
COST: Member €675/Non Member €850
To book, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This excellent coaching program designed to help gain a working knowledge and practice of coaching
has been converted to an online/virtual classroom offering.
A training program for leaders, managers and HR/other professionals
who need to develop and get the best from their people.
To view the full programme outline, click the below link
Leadership Coaching Essentials - Online Prog Overview -ICBE2021
This programme is designed to help delegates gain a working knowledge and practice of coaching in a leadership context.
Specific objectives include:
- To understand what coaching is, particularly in a leadership context
- To develop their skills in using coaching in their leadership of others
- To integrate the application of coaching models, tools and competencies into their roles as leaders
- To increase their confidence and effectiveness as leaders, managers and professionals within their organisations
Ideal for those with little or no coaching experience who need the essentials for their work and also for those with some coach training and experience who want to further develop their practice and effectiveness.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS ONLINE PROGRAMMES:
* Really interesting and some great feedback & insights * Safe place to practice
* Given time to develop * Put me in the right frame of mind to learn
* Created a listening environment * Big focus on practice and reflection
- It was excellent, probably the best three days of training I’ve spent!! – HR Manager, ICBE Member Company
- The word has spread about how amazing the Coaching course with Gerry was – I have 3 more people interested in doing it if you are running it again soon? – HR Manager, ICBE Member Company
- Thank you for including me on the course above. With 34 years of experience in business, I was surprised that someone could teach me so much on a subject I thought I was good at – Operations Director, ICBE Member Company
Coaching skills are needed now more than ever
because of the particular challenges of supporting & managing staff during the COVID-19 crisis and recovery.
Of particular benefit will be the ability to tune in to & respond to the broad range of needs that staff are experiencing -
enabling them to tap into their own creativity, resourcefulness & resilience
and knowing how and when, as a manager, to provide appropriate levels of support & direction.
The program will be run over four half days (each of 4.5 hours long).
The style will be appropriate to adult learning needs with a mix of short briefings on relevant theory/models, facilitated discussion, group engagement and opportunities to try out and practice your learning.
We have retained all of the main elements of the face-to-face course, including lots of practical experience of coaching practice. We have experience of delivering online training sessions, and are struck by the quality and depth of training work that can now be done on line.
Feedback when provided will be affirming and constructive, both from the facilitator and from your fellow learners. The content will include the following areas and a more detailed outline of the three days is included below.
- Active listening – Three areas of listening
- Setting it up for success
- Questioning and providing feedback
- When is coaching appropriate
- Developing trust and rapport
- Goal setting and planning
- The coaching process
- Definition of coaching and how it differs from other approaches
- International Coach Federation’s Core Competencies
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Creating the most effective relationships for learning, growth and independence
- Challenge and support
- Coaching practice, practice, practice
This programme will be delivered by Gerry Ryan MCC, MICF and Kieran Murphy.
Gerry has a vast experience of in-depth coaching and different approaches to leadership development which has led him to attain the title of MCC (Master Credentialed Coach) accredited by the ICF (International Coach Federation) - the top level of award accredited by the ICF.
Kieran has over 20 years’ experience of senior leadership positions at both executive and Board level, in Ireland and the UK. The consistent themes across all these experiences is Kieran’s relentless curiosity & exploration about how to bring about positive change in large complex systems, so that people, communities & countries are transformed for the better.